Auditions Auditions Auditions Forum

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Comic Teenage Girl Monologues 
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

Current Obsession: The Current Bway Season; A Little Night Music
Main Role: Performer
Post Comic Teenage Girl Monologues
This isn't exactly an audition question for a specific play, more of a general question, but I wasn't sure where else to put it.

Soooo, I'm a sixteen-year-old junior in high school. Partially for private acting classes I am going to start and partially also as a way to start preparing for college auditions next year, I am working on building up my monologue repertoire. That's where it gets tricky. Where I can think of many dramatic age appropriate monologues (from The Effects of Gamma Rays in Man-in-the-Moon-Marigolds, The Diary of Anne Frank, etc), I'm having trouble finding some comedy ones for a published play. I'm short, so I can easily play younger, but I'm still really struggling. If you have any words of wisdom for comedic (not overdone, please!) monologues I could look into and even some dramatic ones I might have missed (Shakespeare is good too), then please point me in that direction, and I will be grateful!

Thanks! And remember: FROM PUBLISHED PLAYS. Please none of those monologues from "fake" monologue books (you know the ones I'm talking about) or even movies here. I'm interested in plays only.

Youtube vlogging channel: 5BroadwayBabies (I'm Mara)

Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:36 pm
Profile WWW
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Current Obsession: The Bad Years, Assassins, OOTI.
Main Role: Performer
Post Re: Comic Teenage Girl Monologues
The Girl in the Goldfish Bowl by Morris Panych has some really good ones. A fourteen year old girl buries a fish stick because her mother flushes her fish down down the toilet. It's hilarious.

Viola in Twelfth Night, & The Leader in Zorba!

Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]