The Resource For Musicals



Spamalot Forum


Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
WHY IS THIS STILL ON BROADWAY?!? 
Author Message
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:39 am
Posts: 10
Location: Sweden
Post 
rytoast25 wrote:
well then it just doesn't do it for me!


You may not believe this, but it is not always just your opinion that is the deciding one when it comes to taking a show on or off Broadway.


Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:29 am
Profile
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2003 11:07 pm
Posts: 11297
Main Role: Performer
Post Re: WHY IS THIS STILL ON BROADWAY?!?
rytoast25 wrote:
i've seen clips of this and reviews and it doesn't sound too good.
i hate monty python! I thought this would long off of broadway by now.


Monty Python are true comedic genuises. and although Spamalot may not be as great a show as say grey gardens or 110 in the shade..its delightful fun!

and it deserves to be on broadway more than crap like Spring Awakening,Wicked or Phantom of the Opera.

_________________
Image[/quote]


Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:40 am
Profile WWW
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:38 pm
Posts: 112
Current Obsession: Animal Collective.
Main Role: Fan
Post Re: WHY IS THIS STILL ON BROADWAY?!?
Salome wrote:
rytoast25 wrote:
i've seen clips of this and reviews and it doesn't sound too good.
i hate monty python! I thought this would long off of broadway by now.


Monty Python are true comedic genuises. and although Spamalot may not be as great a show as say grey gardens or 110 in the shade..its delightful fun!

and it deserves to be on broadway more than crap like Spring Awakening,Wicked or Phantom of the Opera.


I love you.

Mmkay, back to your thread folks...

_________________
why is my username so stupid


Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:54 pm
Profile WWW
Tony Winner
Tony Winner
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:46 am
Posts: 307
Location: Utah
Post 
Spamalot is still on not just because it's hilarious, but the costumes are incredible, the music is catchy, the choreography brilliant, the sets creative, and it's just all-around a fantastic musical.

_________________
Upcoming:
Captain Bree - Shawna
Into the Woods - Cinderella
Mean Girls: The musical - Karen :D:D:D


Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:38 pm
Profile
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:25 pm
Posts: 2121
Location: the land of aus
Main Role: Performer
Post 
its still on broadway because it is utter brilliance.

:D

_________________
I'm playing BABETTE, bitches :-)


Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:11 pm
Profile
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:30 am
Posts: 1626
Main Role: Performer
Post 
fjays wrote:
its still on broadway because it is utter brilliance.

:D


Agreed.

_________________
Currently: Falstaff - Chorus
Auditions: Legally Blonde, The Rape of Lucretia


Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:15 pm
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2003 3:15 pm
Posts: 1369
Post 
All of you are wrong. It's still on Broadway because it sells enough tickets.

_________________
POUNCE!!!!!
ImageImageImage


Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:19 pm
Profile
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:13 pm
Posts: 1886
Post 
8O


Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:25 pm
Profile
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:30 am
Posts: 1626
Main Role: Performer
Post 
Pounce wrote:
All of you are wrong. It's still on Broadway because it sells enough tickets.


It sells a lot of tickets because a lot of people like it.

_________________
Currently: Falstaff - Chorus
Auditions: Legally Blonde, The Rape of Lucretia


Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:32 pm
Profile WWW
Tony Winner
Tony Winner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:03 am
Posts: 279
Location: WAY Upstate New York
Post 
rytoast I respect your opinion!

now that I have said that... I disagree with you about Monty Python not being funny. How many times have you seen it? the first time I saw it i did think it was pretty dumb and then after I watched over and over I found how funny it really is! Not to mention you can go anywhere and quote things from Monty Python and at least 2/3 of the people will join in and quote it with you!

I guess we may just have to agree to disagree

_________________
Bet(Oliver), Ensemble(Wizard Of Oz), Morgan(Camelot), Belle(BATB), Apassionata(Lil Abner), Ensemble(Mmmbeth), Claudia(John Lennon And Me), Narator(Joseph),Narrator 1(Seussification), Hotbox Dancer(Guys and Dolls), Edwin (Edwin Drood), Sallie (Hope Chest)


Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:16 am
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2003 11:07 pm
Posts: 11297
Main Role: Performer
Post 
Monty Python are one of the leading forces in modern comedy.

check out Life of Brian
And Now For Somethnig Completely Different
Holy Grail
and of course their t.v. show.

_________________
Image[/quote]


Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:57 am
Profile WWW
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:18 am
Posts: 93
Post 
Because it's frikkin hilarious.


Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:24 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.