The Resource For Musicals

Damn Yankees Forum

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
This is a reply to Meg audition songs..... 
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Post This is a reply to Meg audition songs.....
Isn't So In Love for a soprano? Meg is definitely an Alto. Broadway Baby is one of the songs I'm looking at, though it's more generic. Another I've heard suggested is The Sweetest Sounds. Here's a YouTube of it.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9bKGWVXF7c

Go ask JIJane in the auditions forum too. :)

Arg, I end up hitting new topic instead of reply.

Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:06 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

"So in Love" is DEFINITELY a high soprano song, and Meg is DEFINITELY an alto. I wouldn't recommend Broadway Baby either. It just seems like the wrong kind of role for a serious romantic character like Meg.

"The Sweetest Sounds" would proabably be okay. I also wondered about "Happy to Keep His Dinner Warm" from H2$, if that's not too overdone.

Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:44 pm
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

I'm looking at Broadway Baby because I'm not going for a specific role, as much as keeping it open for Meg/Gloria/Lola. It's an easy song, and also. The other one I'm looking at is Gorgeous from The Apple Tree, which is a fun song but I'm concerned about where to cut it down to a shorter number of bars for the audition.... the song really builds as it goes. The main thing I think is to show the auditors that I've got the alto range, can act a song, and have a quality voice. I do think that if I were focusing exclusively on Meg I'd be looking for an alto ballad instead, but I'm more interested in one of the dancing roles (if I would get anything at all.)

I'll check out Happy to Keep His Dinner Warm, thanks for mentioning it!

Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:18 am
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

I'm looking at Broadway Baby because I'm not going for a specific role, as much as keeping it open for Meg/Gloria/Lola. It's an easy song, and also. The other one I'm looking at is Gorgeous from The Apple Tree, which is a fun song but I'm concerned about where to cut it down to a shorter number of bars for the audition.... the song really builds as it goes. The main thing I think is to show the auditors that I've got the alto range, can act a song, and have a quality voice. I do think that if I were focusing exclusively on Meg I'd be looking for an alto ballad instead, but I'm more interested in one of the dancing roles (if I would get anything at all.)

I'll check out Happy to Keep His Dinner Warm, thanks for mentioning it!

Well, "Happy to Keep His Dinner Warm" is an alto ballad, which is what I thought you were looking for. If you want a more upbeat, character-driven song try "Paris Original" from the same show (H2$).

Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:30 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Main Role: Director
Post Re: This is a reply to Meg audition songs.....
They would like to try if meg can do it. In the music industry, new ways of entertaining people will be very useful to gain fans. =)

Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:34 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]