The Resource For Musicals

Jekyll & Hyde Forum

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Photos from my J&H production 
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Main Role: Performer
Post Photos from my J&H production
Our photographer finally posted the show pictures! I'm the one in the blonde wig, green dress, maroon daywear and wedding dress. The guy that's in 100+ of the pictures is my husband, aka Jekyll & Hyde.

http://thompsonpoint.exposuremanager.com/g/jekyll__hyde

Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:37 pm
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

i wish my school would put J&H on but NOooOOOOOOOoooo!!!!!!

they say it's too " un acceptable for school" PSHHH

I MADE IT MYSELF!!!!
I loves Invader Zim, I loves it Good. :lol:

Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:12 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Thanks! It was fun, but a lot of work, too. It is one of the few shows I wish hadn't ended.

I don't see why some schools won't do it. It's rated PG and they could stage things any way that they want. Plus if a community theatre was doing it they'd most likely allow high school students in. Although, in our production they had to be sixteen with a signed parental permission slip.

Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:25 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

I love the photos of you and Hyde singing together =D> AND your wig is so natural looking, thought it was your real hair then reread your post! :D

Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:30 pm
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Current Obsession: Paul Gordon's new musical, "Emma"
Awesome!!! You had a wonderful photographer. I like that they'rea ll 'action' shots. The theater I most recently worked with always had a photo call day where we took more posed pictures. We got some nice shots that way, but you still know it's not what it really looks like when you're actually doing it! :)
Everyone looks very nice. did you say Jekyll/hyde was your husband? How was that? working with him and also seeing him work with Lucy??
the only thing I don't like was that all the whores look like pirates. :) Not my favorite costuming, but everyone else's costumes look very nice. You must be a very tiny girl. You look like your drowning in that maroon outfit. :) you should make that picutre of you in the green dress with your head on his shoulder your avatar or signature or something. show it off, you two look great!

Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:07 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Yeah, I keep forgetting to order pictures #-o I'm really not that small, but it was definitely made for a larger person. They took the jacket and skirt in, but didn't do anything to the puffy sleeves, which look huge on me. The whores were pirates (for "Bring on the Men" only) because a lot of them were high schoolers or middle aged women that lacked the body type for the costumes some companies use. Plus the director loves pirates. A lot of the costumes the director wanted were not what the costumer came up with, but she was difficult so the director finally just gave up because she had other crap to deal with. This group is not organized or easy to deal with most of the time.

Working with my husband is pretty typical around here. Not to brag, but he's the best actor in his age range and he has a great rock sound, not the smoothest tenor, though ;) Plus he's one of three straight guys in his age range as well.

To be honest it doesn't bother me when he works opposite other women. I know how awkward it is when you have to fake relationships onstage. It's not exactly romantic. What does bother me is when they obviously lack any chemistry. He didn't like Lucy's singing or acting ability (unfortunately she was cast because the MD & president of the group love her personally, the director didn't want her, which was a big source of tension among a lot of the cast), so he couldn't stand doing their scenes. She felt awkward having me around so I basically had to make jokes with her about surprising him by slipping him the tongue! "Dangerous Game" was not what it could have been, but I'll get over it :lol:

Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:08 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Yeah, in my experience, it's usually less awkward for the actor in the relationship and their partner than it is for the actor outside of the relationship. The pictures are amazing, by the way!

Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:32 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]