The Resource For Musicals

Anything Goes Forum

Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Who'd you play? 
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

(Though you've probably had opening night already. I've been away at camp all week, so I'm a little behind.)

Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:10 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

I was one of Reno's Angels..we had a lot of tap dancing, but I completely got jipped..

I got called back for Erma and was up against two other girls. They ended up double casting the show and the two other girls both got Erma but I got an angel..they needed four good tap dancers, and I happened to be one of the four that could do the combination we were taught at auditions..The cast list was handwritten and under one of the girl's names next to Erma there were huge eraser marks..and I'm absolutely sure that my name was there before her's. :( oh well.

Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:10 pm
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

That stinks to be THAT close to getting the role. But you should feel special that you're a better tap dancer than those girls! :lol:

Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:32 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

I was one of Reno's Angels..we had a lot of tap dancing, but I completely got jipped..

I got called back for Erma and was up against two other girls. They ended up double casting the show and the two other girls both got Erma but I got an angel..they needed four good tap dancers, and I happened to be one of the four that could do the combination we were taught at auditions..The cast list was handwritten and under one of the girl's names next to Erma there were huge eraser marks..and I'm absolutely sure that my name was there before her's. :( oh well.

Wow. That does sorta stink. But I mean, if you look on the bright side, those girls dont get to be in every show. And YOU do.

Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:56 pm
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Main Role: Performer
I was featured sailor (No Cure Like Travel), FBI Agent, Reporter, sailor quartet and Moonface understundy.

Buff :D

Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:47 pm
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

I played Ling (one of the 2 Chinese converts). Probably one of the most fun shows I've ever done.

The whole cast was so upset when the show finished. We never wanted this one to end!

Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:47 am
Profile WWW

I was the purser and the steward, which we just pretended were one and the same character (which we called the purser).

I almost didn't do the show. I hadn't auditioned because, having no background in Cole Porter at the time, I thought it was going to be lame. But not enough people auditioned, so the director cast the principal roles with what was there, and called about five of us and guilt tripped us into doing it as a personal favor. I'm so glad she did because it was my first exposure to CP and now I adore him...and I know I never would have done it if she hadn't been desperate. lol.

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:20 am
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

I was in the ensemble this past summer. It was sooooo much fun! :D

Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:16 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

I was lucky enough to be cast as Billy in my school's production this summer. It was the most fun I've ever had in a show. We did the '62 version, and despite all the hate regarding it around here, I really enjoyed being a part of it!

Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:59 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post Beaumont '87 Version
Lord Evelyn Oakley in the '87 version. I've seen the original version at a neighboring high school and I must say that the '87 version is a vast improvement on the first. It's certainly a lot more funny and has a better part for Evelyn.

Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:07 am

I was lucky enough to be cast as Billy in my school's production this summer. It was the most fun I've ever had in a show. We did the '62 version, and despite all the hate regarding it around here, I really enjoyed being a part of it!

It's really not bad.

Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:11 pm
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

We did the '62 version as well, and found the entire thing to be wonderful.

It's very rare to do a show where the cast still laughs at every joke and punchline, but we had the exact same level of energy and enthusiasm for this show from the first read-through to the final performance.

Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:25 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next