The Resource For Musicals

The MdN Social Club Forum

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Weird musical inspirations! 
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Post Weird musical inspirations!
Dear Musicals.Net Posters,

Has anyone, or anything ever made you want to suddenly sing a song from a musical?

I've been living with a creepy, brown, HUMAN HAIR wig from the early 1970s (It would make any woman look like the antagonist from "Play Misty for Me", and I KNOW that it's TRUE that all wig-makers go to Bellview for human hair for their wigs!); my mother's mother was recently throwing out some of her things, including my mother's old wig, which had ended up at Grandma's house years ago, so now it's with me!

Well, I'm listening to this really goofy, but catchy song from "Teen Beach Movie", of ALL musicals, and the wig is sitting atop a vacuum cleaner that's near the computer desk, and, well, a moment ago, my FIRST thought was to put the wig on, and to start singing "Look at Me! I'm Sandra Dee", even though the short, brown wig would make me look more like Rizzo than Sandy! ROTFLMAO! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks in advance for your replies.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

OPINION: Mitt Romney is "that wicked plastic man!"

Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:37 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Current Obsession: Parade, Big Fish
Main Role: Performer
Post Re: Weird musical inspirations!
I pretty much have a showtune pop into my mind whenever I hear a word or see certain objects!
I knew a girl named Kendra, and I'd always have "Kendra, Kendra" on a loop in my mind from 13. Same with my friend Brenda :)
Whenever I see a mask (even weird Halloween ones) I automatically want to sing "Who is the Man in the mask?" a la Phantom of the Opera (I Remember...)
Light switches either make me think of Light from Next to Normal or Turn it Off from Book of Mormon.
Whenever someone says that they're waiting for something, I just sing Shrek's I Know It's Today.
Zombies just make me want to sing Zombie Prom honestly :lol:
Red, yellow, and green make me think of Heathers.

There's a lot more, but those are some!

Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]