The Resource For Musicals

Jesus Christ Superstar Forum

Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
1973 vs. 2000 
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

I do admit that the 2000 movie has its faults, but I like it better than the 1973 version because I hate the 1973 version. But I've said that already, and quite frankly, I'm getting a little tired of being the only person in the freaking world who thinks so.

don't worry I agree. Though I hate Glenn as Jesus. I wish they filmed Steve Balsamo and Zubin Varla, though I liked Jerome (was a little weak vocally, but for some reason it worked for me)

-Family Guy's very sarcastic One Tree Hill bit

Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:15 pm
Profile WWW
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

I know this is a old fourm but I wanted to share my input to this thread

The 1974 movie was a fantastic movie for it age.
I loved how they placed it into the desert in Isreal and used locations for all the scenes.
The music was great for its age and there was alot of emotion in the movie as well.
The 2000 one I really like. I like the movie better than the 2000 Broadway Stage version.
I liked everyone in this movie except Jerome (Judas) I dont even know why they casted him for anything. He is absolutly HORIABLE! Killed the movie.
I loved Tony Vincent's(Simon in 2000 movie) version of Judas (Played on 2000 Broadway Stage Version). I wish he played Judas in the film!
Glenn Carter was a really good casting choice as Jesus he has a really good voice and hes a great actor, no one can beat Ted Neeley but Gleen was really good. I like how the 2000 one also you had to imagine where they really were cause the set was the same (Just like the stage show) but the lighting made up for it. It was so rich and full of energy and power.
King Herod's Song was good as well as the Temple.

Mon May 07, 2007 8:20 am
Profile WWW
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Ok. All 1973 JCS fans can say what they like about this but you can't pull away from the fact that ALW himself said that the 2000 film was what he and TR had wanted it to be like when they first wrote the concept album.
Like I said, you are welcome to say what the hell you want about this but it's the truth.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:15 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: Many
Main Role: Fan
Tim has been known to say anything complementary about a production, as long as he gets his paycheck. The only thing that really amazes him anymore about the show is that people still care about this show so much and flock to it in droves. Any writer is surprised at the longevity of their work.

As for Webber, I have three words for you: Love Never Dies. End of report.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:05 am
Profile ICQ YIM

Post Re: 1973 vs. 2000
Bump.

Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6