Auditions Auditions Auditions Forum

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Auditioning for two shows 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Current Obsession: Urinetown
Main Role: Performer
Post Auditioning for two shows
My college is having auditions for their two musicals the first week of classes. They're doing Company and Sister Act. For the audition, they've asked everyone to prepare two contrasting songs, one Sondheim and one either from Sister Act or a similar style musical. I'm a mezzo and my range is about E3-A5. I'm kind of at a loss for what to sing or who to even audition for. I know I'm not the strongest singer but I figured I might as well audition anyway just to gain the experience and hopefully use that to improve for future auditions. Can someone help me?

Ruth-Children of Hooverville

Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:41 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Post Re: Auditioning for two shows
riverchelegron wrote:
My college is having auditions for their two musicals the first week of classes. They're doing Company and Sister Act. For the audition, they've asked everyone to prepare two contrasting songs, one Sondheim and one either from Sister Act or a similar style musical. I'm a mezzo and my range is about E3-A5. I'm kind of at a loss for what to sing or who to even audition for. I know I'm not the strongest singer but I figured I might as well audition anyway just to gain the experience and hopefully use that to improve for future auditions. Can someone help me?

What roles in each show are you interested in? Knowing that will be helpful in suggesting songs.

"...Apples is probably the one who's posted the most relevant musical stuff long term in the past few months."- UniquePerspective

Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:22 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Current Obsession: Urinetown
Main Role: Performer
Apples2for10 wrote:
riverchelegron wrote:

What roles in each show are you interested in? Knowing that will be helpful in suggesting songs.

Since I'm not the strongest singer, I was mainly aiming to be in the ensemble for Sister Act, but we have to audition for both shows to be considered. I don't know Company that well, so I'm not sure which role would suit me. If it helps any, I'm 18, short (5'0"), thin, pale skin, and reddish-brown hair.

Ruth-Children of Hooverville

Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:08 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

riverchelegron wrote:
Apples2for10 wrote:
riverchelegron wrote:

Since I'm not the strongest singer, I was mainly aiming to be in the ensemble for Sister Act, but we have to audition for both shows to be considered. I don't know Company that well, so I'm not sure which role would suit me. If it helps any, I'm 18, short (5'0"), thin, pale skin, and reddish-brown hair.

For Sister Act, maybe one of the Muses songs from Hercules. For Company, maybe either Soon from Little Night Music or That'll Show Him from Forum.

"...Apples is probably the one who's posted the most relevant musical stuff long term in the past few months."- UniquePerspective

Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]