The Resource For Musicals

Auditions Auditions Auditions Forum

Reply to topic  [ 4873 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 403, 404, 405, 406, 407  Next
Audition song thread? 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Current Obsession: Urinetown
Main Role: Performer
Post Re: Audition song thread?
I'm going to be auditioning for Amber in Hairspray and I was going to use "I Enjoy Being a Girl" from Flower Drum Song, but now I'm getting scared that it's overdone and want some other options. This is my first audition outside of school and I really want to impress them.

Ruth-Children of Hooverville

Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:08 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Current Obsession: Hamilton
Main Role: Musician
Hi! I'm new to this site and I'm sort of new to musical theatre. I've done school plays, but I recently joined a theatre group outside of school and I'm going to audition for their upcoming production of Honk!. My vocal range is about the same as Ida's in Honk! and I wanted to try and audition for the role of Ida. I've been trying to look for a song that is "motherly" so to speak, but I have come up pretty blank because I know Disney is quite frowned upon for auditions. Do any of you have any suggestions? Thank you!

Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:58 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

musically.me wrote:
Hi! I'm new to this site and I'm sort of new to musical theatre. I've done school plays, but I recently joined a theatre group outside of school and I'm going to audition for their upcoming production of Honk!. My vocal range is about the same as Ida's in Honk! and I wanted to try and audition for the role of Ida. I've been trying to look for a song that is "motherly" so to speak, but I have come up pretty blank because I know Disney is quite frowned upon for auditions. Do any of you have any suggestions? Thank you!

A Home For You- Bat Boy
Something Wonderful-King and I
Happy Talk- South Pacific
Climb Every Mountain- Sound of Music
You'll Never Walk Alone- Carousel

"...Apples is probably the one who's posted the most relevant musical stuff long term in the past few months."- UniquePerspective

Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:50 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Apples2for10 wrote:
A Home For You- Bat Boy
Something Wonderful-King and I
Happy Talk- South Pacific
Climb Every Mountain- Sound of Music
You'll Never Walk Alone- Carousel

Thank you so much!! I'm most likely going to to A Home For You. Thank you so much for great suggestions and a fast response. I have a month to prepare this! :D

Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:07 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Hi! I'm auditioning for Lucy from You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown and I was wondering if anyone had any song ideas? I'm auditioning in a couple of weeks. I was orginally going to audition for Ida from Honk! The Musical but I realized the show dates were not convenient with my summer plans. Any ideas? Thanks!

Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:27 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

musically.me wrote:
Hi! I'm auditioning for Lucy from You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown and I was wondering if anyone had any song ideas? I'm auditioning in a couple of weeks. I was orginally going to audition for Ida from Honk! The Musical but I realized the show dates were not convenient with my summer plans. Any ideas? Thanks!

Perfect Isn't Easy- Oliver & Company
I Want It Now- Willy Wonka

"...Apples is probably the one who's posted the most relevant musical stuff long term in the past few months."- UniquePerspective

Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:09 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Current Obsession: Hamilton, Les Miserables, Miss Saigon
Our show this year is Les Mis (the school version) and I'm auditioning for Eponine. Would Someone Like You from Jekyll & Hyde be a big no-no? and what type of monologue would suit Eponine's character the best? Thanks!!!

Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:16 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Current Obsession: Wicked
onesongmore wrote:
Our show this year is Les Mis (the school version) and I'm auditioning for Eponine. Would Someone Like You from Jekyll & Hyde be a big no-no? and what type of monologue would suit Eponine's character the best? Thanks!!!

that's funny, cause i'm preparing for Jekyll & Hyde auditions and am thinking i'll do "On My Own" from Les Mis :D

i'd also like to get opinions on if that would be a good song to do, or suggestions of other options.

thanks

Previously:
- The Beggar Woman in "Sweeney Todd"
- Carrie in "Carousel"

_____

http://youtube.com/kythca

Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:25 pm
Profile WWW
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Current Obsession: eternal obsession = Evita
kythca wrote:
onesongmore wrote:

that's funny, cause i'm preparing for Jekyll & Hyde auditions and am thinking i'll do "On My Own" from Les Mis :D

i'd also like to get opinions on if that would be a good song to do, or suggestions of other options.

thanks

I think "Someone Like You" is fine for an audition for Eponine, but would recommend against using "On My Own" for anything, simply because it's so overdone. What are your favorite shows and/or songs you know best? I'd start there and then find the most relevant or similar songs to either the musical style or character you are auditioning for (or best: both) and try those. If all else fails, using something from The Scarlet Pimpernel (also by Wildhorn) could be a good idea.

Good luck!

All-Star Musical Character >> Maria, WEST SIDE STORY
Theme Song >> "Nowadays," CHICAGO

Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:03 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Current Obsession: Wicked
Leslie wrote:
kythca wrote:
onesongmore wrote:

thanks

I think "Someone Like You" is fine for an audition for Eponine, but would recommend against using "On My Own" for anything, simply because it's so overdone. What are your favorite shows and/or songs you know best? I'd start there and then find the most relevant or similar songs to either the musical style or character you are auditioning for (or best: both) and try those. If all else fails, using something from The Scarlet Pimpernel (also by Wildhorn) could be a good idea.

Good luck!

i did end you singing On My Own, but i gave it a pop feel. but i ended up being cast as Emma. lol

Previously:
- The Beggar Woman in "Sweeney Todd"
- Carrie in "Carousel"

_____

http://youtube.com/kythca

Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:12 am
Profile WWW
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

SO, I'm auditioning for Spring Awakening (dream show) at my university and I've been so picky about finding the right song. I'm going for Wendla or Isle preferably. I'm not a very strong belter although some things are okay if it is in my range. I'm leaning toward songs that have a "wendla" feel.

So far I'm considering:
Goodbye Until Tomorrow - The Last Five Years
I Don't Know How To Love Him - Jesus Christ Superstar
Only Hope - Mandy Moore
Everything Else - Next to Normal
Portrait of a Girl - Bare (not enough range?)
Brown Eyes - Lady Gaga (Would this work???)

Please let me know first if these songs seem appropriate or if really far off :|
And give me ANY ideas that you might have, all are appreciated!! I'm super nervous about this audition because I've always wanted to be a part of SA!

Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:00 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

I think for this audition it might be a good idea to go beyond the realm of showtunes. Here are my suggestions.

Behind These Hazel Eyes- Kelly Clarkson
Criminal- Fiona Apple
Gives You Hell- All American Rejects (sounds great in a female voice while not originally written for one).

Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 4873 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 403, 404, 405, 406, 407  Next