The Resource For Musicals

Other Shows Forum

Reply to topic  [ 3304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 270, 271, 272, 273, 274, 275, 276  Next
Elisabeth 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Main Role: Fan
Post Re: Elisabeth
I've only seen it on YouTube so the audio quality wasn't fantastic. Heh, I guess I thought it was an affectation. Borchert was owning him during Zu Ende but I wasn't sure if that was just on purpose, since Dracula's smacking them all around with telekinesis.

Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:19 am
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

Current Obsession: Tanz der Vampire
That Scene is lovely! And actingwise Uwe does great things over there!
But for example "Roseanne" is really a lot out of tune...you can hear that Uwe's voice is a bit tired! I hope he recovered from that nowadays a bit. In Rudolf it sounded on the DVD a bit better, althought that was still not as great as he was once!

Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:30 am
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Location: If you care to find me, look to the western sky...or just look in Toronto
I HAVE THE DUTCH PRODUCTION! AND IT'S GLORIOUS

*ahem* Yuppers, I am a proud owner of the Dutch production. While it was filmed proffessionally, they clealry didn't bother to get a decent video-cam. It's the same grainy footage you can clips of on youtube. But I don't care because it's awesome. XD (And holy baby Jesus is the Dutch Sophie scary as hell O_o. She's more frightening than Elsie Ludwig from the Vienna DVD)

I just feel bad becasue I could only give her links to the DVD on youtube because stupid Megadownload was torn down, so my original links are absoloutely useless now. :P

Anywho, anybody want? I have permission to share with you, if I can just figure out how link the files on here. Oh, Winrar WILL be required.

Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:24 am
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Current Obsession: Elisabeth, Cats, Follies, Scarlet Pimpernel
Uh, guys? The entire show is posted on Youtube with English subtitles: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8B7zN-m0-4

Watch it. Now. It's marvelous.

Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:35 pm

Location: If you care to find me, look to the western sky...or just look in Toronto
meh, I like the subs on the copy I downloaded better. They're more exact because it was a German speaker doing them I imagine. They comprehended more of the cultural phrases and references that the Youtube subbers get confused over and just tend to skip. Hell, it's the only version I've seen that directly translated the Heinrich Heinle line from the prolog, whoch is actually kinda important since it does get referenced again in the second act in Haas.

Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:48 am
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Mistress wrote:
meh, I like the subs on the copy I downloaded better. They're more exact because it was a German speaker doing them I imagine. They comprehended more of the cultural phrases and references that the Youtube subbers get confused over and just tend to skip. Hell, it's the only version I've seen that directly translated the Heinrich Heinle line from the prolog, whoch is actually kinda important since it does get referenced again in the second act in Haas.

You're probably right, but I got the main messages of the show. So it's good enough. Does the DVD come with English subtitles?

Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:44 pm

Weirdly enough, the Offical DVD only has subs for the DVD extras and interview material #-o
No, a very kind soul on here dug up a downloadable version of the DVD that someone had subbed on their own. I'd give it to you, except that it's buried in the files from my old computer and the links are for Megaupload which doesn't exist anymore XP

Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:45 pm

Sorry giuys, but need to have a good squee over Mark Seibert's der Tod. OMIGODHE'SBEAUTIFUL O_O

I was just watching bootlegs on Youtube, with Oliver Arno I found some recently shot stuff with Seibert and started watching, and WOW. Some of the people who commented seemed to think he wasn't agressive enough (judging by the costume comments they made later, they probably watched the DVD too much XD), but I like it. He seems to channel a lot of Mate I think, but dilutes it with enough if Uwe's aloofness that it keeps things from going over-the-top. He has such a gentleness in the way he moves, I mean he's still passionate liek mate, but without the harsh jerky movements and the heavy petting/groping...like the way he does Wenn Ich Tanzen Will:

He's still dominant over Sisi, aggressive, but yet, he still touch and carresses her with gentleness Mate never had. I'd say the same for Die Schatten, he's still agressive with Rudolf, but not as physically violent as Mate. Also, he's so cute in the finale with Annemieke ^^

Anyway, yeah I think he's officially a new favourite der Tod

Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:03 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Main Role: Fan
That post makes me really happy ;). I think I found the same new favourite Der Tod ;)
Lack of aggression? He made me scared (I saw him 3 times). And I know that he is a really sweet guy, but as Der Tod, he scared me. For me, he found a great middle way between the really passionate (sometimes a bit too passional) Máté, and Uwe, who is too cold for my taste.
I really hope Mark will go to Vienna to play the part. It's going to be expensive, but at least I'll have the opportunity to see him once again in that part, because I already miss him... (and yes, I asked him, but he does have a good pokerface... I still don't have a clue what the chances are...)

Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:08 pm

By less aggressive, I mena less gropey XD. I noticed that while he is menacing he can aslo be gentle so he's not like grabbing her liek Mate ends up doing. Like in Wenn Ich Tanzen Will, he is much gentler with Annemieke than Mate was with Maya. But yes, he is still scary, and yes, he does seem to have found the midddle ground. :)

In other news, I found audio of Mate signing Ai to shi no Rondo for his run as der Tod in Japan:

Unfortunately he looks a little ridiculous with the long bishounen hair XD.

Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:06 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Wait, it's still playing in Europe? Is there a tour or something?

Also @ Mistress: Are you on TGWTG? I saw a user on there with an Elisabeth avatar from Toronto.

Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:13 pm

Yes, yes I am ^^. I go by Sisi there and I am indeed the person with the Elisabeth logo avatar.

And yes, there is a European tour production going around...

Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 270, 271, 272, 273, 274, 275, 276  Next