OT: The new "Bear-Baiting" trend!
Dear Musicals.Net Posters,
I realize that the following message is off-topic, but I feel that I should warn you about a new trend that could harm those who are not careful; I will try to be as non-graphic as I can be.
The trend has been nicknamed "Bear-Baiting", and it's fairly new; it seems to be all too popular in a town a community that's fairly close to my town, and it's nothing to laugh about. The trend usually works as follows:
* A 21+ aged woman (although sometimes a teen girl with a fake I.D.) walks into a bar, and she finds a vulnerable 21+ aged guy.
* She approaches him, flirting.
* She either buys him a drink, or she encourages him to drink. She herself either drinks very little, or she makes a quiet arrangement for a non-alcoholic beverage, all the while pretending to become absolutely smashed.
* She becomes quite indecent with the guy, either in public, or later, while she's alone with him, until either consensual sex or rape occurs.
* If the sex was concentual, she waits until she's alone, and then she makes herself look as though she was raped. If she really is raped, she needn't destroy her appearance.
* If the case goes to court, and the "bear" is convicted, the "victim" celebrates, right there in the courtroom, by quietly pantomiming the action of tightening a chain about a bear's neck, while whispering the words "Got him!". She may make the following signal for a female friend who knew about the scheme, or for somebody with whom she planned her actions.
* After the rape/ "rape", and during, and after any trials, the "victim" tends to bask in any media attention that she receives.
Thank you for taking the time to read this message, and thanks in advance for your replies.