The Resource For Musicals

South Pacific Forum

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Ngana 
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Main Role: Musician
Post Ngana
I've been told I might have to be Ngana in my theatre's production of South Pacific. Anything special I should know?

Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:20 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Post Re: Ngana
Ngana is the young daughter of the male lead, Emile de Becque and she has a brother named Jerome. Both Jerome and Ngana sing a song called "Dites Moi", which is sung in French (all of their dialogue is in French as well). My advice is to obtain a cast recording of the show and devour "Dites Moi" as much as you can in your spare time. Granted, it should not take you very long at all to learn how to sing the lyrics phonetically, but unless French is your first language, it will still be a challange.

"...Apples is probably the one who's posted the most relevant musical stuff long term in the past few months."- UniquePerspective

Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:13 am
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Main Role: Musician
I kind of figured that out the hard way because I have a very old easy piano South Pacific book I got from my grandma, and the words were in English, so I was playing away and learning the words. Little did I know when I would go to listen to the song, it wouldn't be any of the words I learned! Haha, I'm not the brightest crayon in the box!

About how many lines does Ngana have?

Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:22 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

keelycrazy wrote:
About how many lines does Ngana have?

Between five and ten, possibly less.

"...Apples is probably the one who's posted the most relevant musical stuff long term in the past few months."- UniquePerspective

Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]