Annie Forum

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Bloopers 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Current Obsession: Les Miserables
Main Role: Other...
Post Bloopers
I'm sorry if there's another thread about this--I didn't see one that was very recent though.

So, what bloopers happened to you while you did Annie?

I don't remember too many. Let's see.

--At the end of "Little Girls", Miss Hannigan ripped the head off a baby doll and threw it down on the stage. One night during the show, the head bounced off the stage and landed in the lap of the guy who was filming it. It was a rather good thing that she had a few seconds offstage because she could barely keep herself from laughing.

--During rehearsals, we tried a couple different things for a laundry basket that Annie could sneak into after "Hard-Knock's Life." One of the things we tried was a school garbage can on wheels (they cleaned it out, but it was still a little gross.) I was Annie. I'm not very tall, so I had to have the girl playing Pepper lift me up into the trash can. They covered me up with all the sheets and wheeled me offstage. As they did that, a wheel on the garbage can stuck and the garbage can toppled over. I came out buried under all the sheets, so no one could see me. I think someone got on top of the sheets, thinking I was still in the can, to help me out, but they accidentally sat on top of me. I started moving around and finally made my way out.

--In the first few practices, Rooster had a habit of doing a cross between a British and French accent, then going back to his regular voice. We finally got him to talk normally.

--At the end of "NYC", Warbucks tried to carry me offstage, but he dropped me. Our stage was tile, so it hurt a lot.

--The first night of the show, our sound system played the music too soft, so I was a little off on "Tomorrow."

We probably had more, but I can't remember them right now.

Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:41 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Current Obsession: Kristin Chenoweth
Main Role: Performer
Post Re: Bloopers
Most of our bloopers in the production of Annie I played Annie in was with Sandy, especially not coming when called when the Police Officer asked Annie to call Sandy. Others were Sandy barking in the middle of saying a line.

Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]