The Resource For Musicals

Little Shop of Horrors Forum

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Cast of 4? 
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Main Role: Performer
Post Cast of 4?
Okay, so my school always does 2 musicals at the end of each year, so that if we don't want to be involved with one we can do something else ... yeah.

Anyway, one of the choices this year was LSoH, and since they already hired out a plant, they obviously want to do it. HOWEVER, only 4 people (myself included) are interested in doing it.

Any thoughts on this? Can it be possible to do this show with only 4 people? Or should they just scrap it?

Current roles: Emcee (Cabaret)
Upcoming: Auditioning for Les Miz

Sun May 29, 2011 1:54 pm
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Post Re: Cast of 4?
I can't see that working. Seymour, Audrey, Orin, Mushnik, Audrey II, and the three doo-wop girls. That's eight people. Not to mention puppeteers.

Sun May 29, 2011 2:38 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Main Role: Performer
Yep, 8 plus the plant puppetteer. Theoretically, I think you can cut it to 7 -- I believe it's possible to have one person do Mushnik (or maybe Orrin) AND voice A2 (or you could pre-record A2), and there's always SOMEONE off-stage who can puppetteer as needed, though maybe not always the same person.

Only exception to the above is skid row, when theoretically all 8 are onstage, but you could combine the two wino parts (Orrin and the A2 ... theoretically the puppeteer, but more commonly the voice actually does it) into one singing part without any big deal.

Oh, yeah, and the finale. Hmmm.

But seriously... you can't get 8 people for this?

Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:05 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

It's funny; usually when LSOH is put on, there are always far too many people involved.

I'd say try to get 4 more people, though I'm not sure how feasible that is. I don't think Orin is ever on stage while Audrey Two is singing, although he does come on during "Feed Me". The actor playing Orin does play about every other role as well, but you could always shuffle those parts around somehow. Mushnik is on stage during Suppertime, but like saidabove, if you pre-record Audrey Two, it's still possible.
Nonetheless, you can't really cut it down to 4 people unless you do something strange to Ronette, Crystal and Chiffon as well.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]