The Resource For Musicals

The MdN Social Club Forum

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2003 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 167  Next
Random Facts Thread Part 10 
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Main Role: Performer
So, my brother lost his keys a few weeks ago.

I was digging through my purse today and low and behold, there they were! I think they ended up there because one of my cats must have knocked his keys over on the edge of the couch (the last place my brother remembered putting them) and they fell into my purse, below the couch. I can't believe he's been looking for it so long and it's been in my grasp this whole time.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:49 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

I'm listening to NSYNC and enjoying it immensely. I should have been in a 90s boyband.

gretchen weiners [lyss.ana.maggie.plasticlove<3]

Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:00 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

I'm walking in a parade tomorrow with the cast of Disco Inferno. In full costume. Lord above.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:15 pm
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: Legally Blonde
I'm listening to NSYNC and enjoying it immensely. I should have been in a 90s boyband.

as much as I love nsync, it'd be a little difficult to be in a 90s boyband well... because you're a girl. But I agree. We should create a mdn boy band (made of girls).

Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:20 pm

curlyhairedsoprano91 wrote:

as much as I love nsync, it'd be a little difficult to be in a 90s boyband well... because you're a girl. But I agree. We should create a mdn boy band (made of girls).

Can I PLEASE be in on this??!?!?!?!

Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:33 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: Mamie Parris
Caissie Levy damaged her voice due to Wicked, though...I'm not sure if she would WANT to go back to the show.

Oh, I agree about Fringe this year, I'm just saying in general.

I don't know how to feel about the upcoming Secret Garden production, though. I mean, I'm glad that it's Mirvish-produced and not a transfer or anything, but I just feel like...since it's The Secret Garden...I dunno. I think it might not do so well. I mean, I would rather see it than see something like Mamma Mia, but jukebox musicals really do sell here...it just seems too dated for Toronto's theatre scene. I mean, think of everything that's done well here recently...Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Mamma Mia, Jersey Boys, Sound of Music, Phantom, Les Mis...Everything's pretty well an MT staple or something fairly contemporary. I don't see Secret Garden as either of those, and I'm worried (not to say that I won't be going in for Mary Lennox if I'm not too tall, hahaha).

I didn't know she left because of that. Hmm. Well, at least it didn't keep her unemployed too long.

Yeah, I'll see The Secret Garden because it was my favorite book as a child... I am sure it will not live up to my crazy imagination, but I am sure I will at least appreciate it, as a fan of the time period and what bits of the music I have heard.

Also, I feel completely and utterly obsessed that I want to see this show simply because it reminds me of my favorite show:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=22663937777

(Well, that and it has some of Canada's best MT talent in it, but you know... )

The Witch, Into the Woods

Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:37 pm
Profile YIM

I saw an excellent production of 1776 at a decent regional theatre this evening. I loved it. Reminded me why it's my favorite show. And basically why I love theatre. I teared up multiple times, which is unusual for me. The other half of the time, I was cracking up or smiling ear to ear. GAAAAAH.

Oh, and Elliott, I need your help. I've been getting more and more into Titanic lately and I just caught "To The Lifeboats" on my iPod shuffle. I'm in love. That is all.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:14 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Also, I feel completely and utterly obsessed that I want to see this show simply because it reminds me of my favorite show:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=22663937777

(Well, that and it has some of Canada's best MT talent in it, but you know... )

I so want to see this, but I have a performance of 13 that night :(

Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:16 pm

Current Obsession: Musicals!
Post TITANIC
jackissensational wrote:
Elliott, I need your help. I've been getting more and more into Titanic lately and I just caught "To The Lifeboats" on my iPod shuffle. I'm in love. That is all.

There are some excellent posts about Titanic on the Titanic board - many of them written by Elliott. Perhaps you should visit. 8)

Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:22 pm
Profile WWW

Current Obsession: Stephen Sondheim, Falsettos
Oh, and Elliott, I need your help. I've been getting more and more into Titanic lately and I just caught "To The Lifeboats" on my iPod shuffle. I'm in love. That is all.

RainbowJude wrote:
There are some excellent posts about Titanic on the Titanic board - many of them written by Elliott. Perhaps you should visit. 8)

You both slay me! :mrgreen:
"To the Lifeboats" is excellent. I get chills every time I listen to it. Why, oh why isn't Titanic known to more people? It's just wonderful.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:26 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

DontDoSadnessxx wrote:
curlyhairedsoprano91 wrote:

Can I PLEASE be in on this??!?!?!?!

Oh you bet I'm in on this!!!

Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:26 pm

Current Obsession: Musicals!
Post THE SECRET GARDEN
Morethanjust16bars wrote:
I don't know how to feel about the upcoming The Secret Garden production, though. I mean, I'm glad that it's Mirvish-produced and not a transfer or anything, but I just feel like... since it's The Secret Garden... it might not do so well.... It just seems too dated for Toronto's theatre scene.... Everything's pretty well a musical theatre staple or something fairly contemporary. I don't see The Secret Garden as either of those...

Alexia Dark wrote:
I'll see The Secret Garden because it was my favorite book as a child. I am sure it will not live up to my crazy imagination, but I am sure I will at least appreciate it, as a fan of the time period and what bits of the music I have heard.

The Secret Garden is an amazing musical, in its original Broadway version. It's high time we saw a film version or a proper revival of the show. Do you have any idea which version they're producing? Perhaps this is a topic that could revitalise The Secret Garden board! There's such a great bank of information already stored there. What a wonderful opportunity to continue the legacy of those who have posted there before.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:36 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 2003 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 167  Next