The Resource For Musicals

Gypsy Forum

Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Check out this high school Mama Rose!!! 
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Main Role: Performer
Oh, I forgot, she must be on the downside of her yo-yo diet lifestyle. My bad. :(

Mind you, I think having a ONE WOMAN SHOW does that to you. Let's not even go into her Ursula days LMAO.

That dress is extremely unflattering. Anybody would look bad in it.

And I didn't want to say anything but....
to nitpick someone's weight simply because you don't like them as a performer-it's kind of low Jordan, I would expect better from you. Have I done it before? God yes, I was in high school after all, and I still can't avoid it now. But I realized nothing good comes out of pointing out another's physical imperfections. You just come across as catty and sad, quite frankly. I mean, people wonder why there are so many girls with eating disorders in our generation! Yeah, Sherie isn't a twig. So what? Your precious Hannah Rose isn't either! And Like Mama Rose pointed out, there are so many beautiful curvy stars out there.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:58 am

Dear God, I was NOT jabbing at SRS because of her weight. I was merely suggesting that she isn't as thin as she used to be. Or, at the very least, that her body shape is constantly up and down, which it is.

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER did I say that one's weight affects their beauty. Are you kidding me? I did an entire college paper on how "curvy" women are some of the most beautiful women out there. (Btw, as a side note, I think that the terms "plus-size" and "curvy" are two of the most mis-used terms in our society. Obese women use them as a way of not owning up to their actual body type: obese. But that is neither here nor there)

Look at Sara Ramirez, look at Whitney Thompson, Toccarra Jones, Scarlett Johanson, ALL STUNNING.

Sherie's weight doesn't affect her "beauty" either way, because IMO, she is an incredibly homely woman. Let's call a spade a freaking spade. She's homely. Deal. And her voice sounds bad on most of the stuff she sings IMO. If you want, I can pick apart her voice in detail. Please, I would love to.

But for the record, I NEVER said that her fluctuation of weight made her ugly. Actually if you look at my original comment, I listed her beauty (or rather, lackethereof) and weight as two completely separate things. I NEVER said her weight made her not-pretty. Why would I? Her face does that all by itself.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:00 pm
Profile WWW

Main Role: Performer
Dear God, I was NOT jabbing at SRS because of her weight. I was merely suggesting that she isn't as thin as she used to be. Or, at the very least, that her body shape is constantly up and down, which it is.

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER did I say that one's weight affects their beauty. Are you kidding me? I did an entire college paper on how "curvy" women are some of the most beautiful women out there. (Btw, as a side note, I think that the terms "plus-size" and "curvy" are two of the most mis-used terms in our society. Obese women use them as a way of not owning up to their actual body type: obese. But that is neither here nor there)

Look at Sara Ramirez, look at Whitney Thompson, Toccarra Jones, Scarlett Johanson, ALL STUNNING.

Sherie's weight doesn't affect her "beauty" either way, because IMO, she is an incredibly homely woman. Let's call a spade a freaking spade. She's homely. Deal. And her voice sounds bad on most of the stuff she sings IMO. If you want, I can pick apart her voice in detail. Please, I would love to.

But for the record, I NEVER said that her fluctuation of weight made her ugly. Actually if you look at my original comment, I listed her beauty (or rather, lackethereof) and weight as two completely separate things. I NEVER said her weight made her not-pretty. Why would I? Her face does that all by itself.

Fair enough. But that's not how it came across to me at all, personally. I thought your constant nitpicking of her weight was catty and disappointing, but I guess that's hard for anyone who dislikes a performer to restrain from, I mean, I know. But still, what you said about her came across completely different to me. I too wrote a paper on body image in high school, and how the media is so scrutinizing. No wonder her weight is up and down, with the constant pressure to be "perfect," not everyone can keep it together all the time. I just don't understand why you had to make a comment about he weight if you weren't "jabbing" at it. Why mention it in the first place?

Also, you have to keep in mind that not everyone holds a vendetta against Sherie like you do. It's not a fact that she is a homely woman, it is still an OPINION. I guess we just have drastically different interpretations of homely, but I describe "homely" as completely unkept, unfortunate skin, etc. I wouldn't describe Sherie Rene Scott as such. There are a number of celebrities I personally don't think are as attractive as everyone thinks they are, but they sure aren't homely.

Please don't take this as attacking you Jordan, because I consider you a friend on this site, I just interpreted your comments differently than you intended and they upset me.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5