Am I too old to try for Hodel??
Hi there everyone,
My theatre company will be starting the process for Fiddler in May...I don't know the show too well, but i will be trying out for it, well I was considering it anyway. I half think my chances are low as there are several issues against me...what do you all think??
1) The company are made up of all ages, however there are a group of 15-17 year olds (majority girls) who will all probably try out for the daughters.
2) Then several older members 30+ who will go for chorus and the odd few that may try out for Golde. Those being two 50 year olds and one 30 year old who has been cast as Mrs lovett and Mrs Potts in the last two shows.
3) The director of the last two shows, is 26 and going for Hodel...she is experienced, a good singer etc.
4) I am the only girl of my age (30) who will audition and I think most probably I'll be cast as Tzeitel if anything as I am tall and look the part.
5) There are probably only two men trying for Tevye, one around 45, the other 40.
The thing is, I really would love the part of Hodel. I am a good singer and have proved myself a strong member of the company. I was a silly girl in Beauty and the beast and was trusted with a lot of the harmonies and a majority of chorus solos, I attended every rehearsal and helped alot with other aspects of the production.
I pretty much feel like I am a little too old to play Hodel but was wondering, do you think I should try for Golde?? I wouldn't mind any part really, and I am thinking of taking up the post of props manager if I get into the chorus, but I would love the chance to take a fairly lead role.
Any opinions or advice would be great thanks. As I said, the first meeting is not until May.