The Resource For Musicals

Wicked Forum

Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
You Know You're Obssessed with WICKED When... 
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Current Obsession: Grease
Main Role: Performer
Katie-chan wrote:
Dan! Remember that you're representing an entire nation! (And so am I... 8O )

*Hangs head* I'm sorry. I'll go over the Tower of London tomorrow where I will made an example of for the shame I have brought upon my country. :cry:

:wink:

If you jump off then that'll cause more shame...just saying

And yes, I DO know you were joking...

GREASE - Frenchy
MOON OVER BUFFALO- Understudy Roz, Ethel, Eileen / Assistant Stage Manager
HOW TO SUCEED IN BUISNESS WITHOUT REALLY TRYING- Scrubwoman 1 / Sec 1

Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:54 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Katie-chan wrote:

*Hangs head* I'm sorry. I'll go over the Tower of London tomorrow where I will made an example of for the shame I have brought upon my country. :cry:

GREASE - Frenchy

Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:54 pm
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Current Obsession: Writing
Main Role: Fan
random_person wrote:
shannon_waz_here wrote:
elphieglinda16 wrote:
random_person wrote:
Sisiponine wrote:
shannon_waz_here wrote:
Sisiponine wrote:
It's a line of dialogue in the opening, I believe, when Glinda comes down in the bubble. "It's good to see me, isn't it? Don't answer, that's rhetorical," or something like that.

you got it right..! yay! we're all nice to each other again (I dislike ((actually loathe)) conflict)

I quite agree. Conflict is never a good thing.

Violence solves everything and you know it! Remember - if a problem can't be solved with a pointy stick, it can't be solved at all. :wink:

That's why I should be placed in charge! :twisted:

AHHAHHH! Sticks! People in charge!!! AHHHAHHH!!! jk jk, but seriously don't hurt me with a stick!!! I don't like pointy sticks all that much 8O

I'm sure you'd have no objections to my pointy stick. :wink:

...no, wait, sorry. I think all this talk of Maguire's perverted leanings in that other thread is slowly corrupting my adherence to sexual mores. Forget I ever said that!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I must remove the impure thoughts from my head by banging it repeatedly against the nearest wall... :P

I just had the same thoughts, but sir, you're speaking to a thirteen-year-old over there. xD I'm sure she would have an objection or two.

You guys amuse me. :lol:

Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:57 pm

random_person wrote:
Katie-chan wrote:

Jump? I was hinting at public execution. You know - Tower of London? That fortress that used to be a state prison, especially for political prisoners? Lots of people were beheaded there? Nevermind. :P

(Not to sound like someone from the Ministry of Tourism, but I'd recommend a visit if you ever go to London on holiday. Lots of swords and other shiny things on display, including the Crown Jewels :mrgreen: )

Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:58 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

shannon_waz_here wrote:
random_person wrote:
Katie-chan wrote:

Jump? I was hinting at public execution. You know - Tower of London? That fortress that used to be a state prison, especially for political prisoners? Lots of people were beheaded there? Nevermind. :P

(Not to sound like someone from the Ministry of Tourism, but I'd recommend a visit if you ever go to London on holiday. Lots of swords and other shiny things on display, including the Crown Jewels :mrgreen: )

well sorry I haven't studied English prisons yet in my free time :P

Ohh shiny things! You know I just LOVE my shiny things :D ??? Considering I am a teenage girl and all, I MUST love my shiny things...lol

GREASE - Frenchy

Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:24 pm

random_person wrote:
shannon_waz_here wrote:
random_person wrote:
Katie-chan wrote:

Ohh shiny things! You know I just LOVE my shiny things :D ??? Considering I am a teenage girl and all, I MUST love my shiny things...lol

Oh, I'm not saying you should have. It's just a very famous attraction in the city for tourists so I figured most people here would have heard of it. Of course, you're only 13, so you're forgiven. :wink:

And yes, shiny is always good. :mrgreen:

Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:28 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

shannon_waz_here wrote:
random_person wrote:
shannon_waz_here wrote:
random_person wrote:
Katie-chan wrote:

Oh, I'm not saying you should have. It's just a very famous attraction in the city for tourists so I figured most people here would have heard of it. Of course, you're only 13, so you're forgiven. :wink:

And yes, shiny is always good. :mrgreen:

Now, to me seeing places where people were beheaded isn't up my alley, it may be up my dad's (considering he dragged my stepmom to see that church in Rome, the one with the skulls of the monks ((when he told me about it I was like 8O)), and the walls were made out of bones...), but I doubt I'll be able to visit soon, so no beheading blocks for me...

Haha, yeah shiny is ah-mazing! i said it in a weird way, haha...

GREASE - Frenchy

Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:42 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

random_person wrote:
shannon_waz_here wrote:
random_person wrote:
Katie-chan wrote:

I know this is really off topic so please bear with me for a sec
But

Being English I'm obviously very familiar with the Tower of London among other British things. And it always surprises me slightly that people from other countries (particularly Americans) don't know anything about them. And I know I'm the same with American buildings and in-jokes etc but I still find it bizarre.

Right, we can move on now ;)

Ygraine in Pendragon
Mrs O''Lafferty in Ragged Child

Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:14 am
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

^ lucky you...you don't have to hear the corny jokes on the TV everyday...I envy you, unless your country's are worse?

I wonder who's the most obsessive of us? hmmm

GREASE - Frenchy

Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:36 am
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Current Obsession: N2N, Hair,
^ lucky you...you don't have to hear the corny jokes on the TV everyday...I envy you, unless your country's are worse?

OOH british commercials are awesome! :) Look them up on youtube. Although they probably feel the same way about their commercials that we do about ours... American commercials are annoying.

By the way, do British people go around imitating american accents the way Americans go around imitating british accents?

Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:17 pm

shannon_waz_here wrote:

OOH british commercials are awesome! :) Look them up on youtube. Although they probably feel the same way about their commercials that we do about ours... American commercials are annoying.

By the way, do British people go around imitating american accents the way Americans go around imitating british accents?

You go around imitating our accents? What kind of sad, pathetic lives do you people have? :P

And I have no strong feelings towards our TV advertisements in any form. Probably because they're so normal to me that they don't amount to any more than 'ads'. However, when I'm in the U.S., I cannot help but giggle at some of the things you lot have!

Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:23 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Current Obsession: N2N, Hair,
disneyprincess wrote:
shannon_waz_here wrote:

You go around imitating our accents? What kind of sad, pathetic lives do you people have? :P

We think it makes us sound superior or something. Americans just have a strange fascination with accents; even our own. I went to ukraine this summer, and many of the conversations with my group were about regional accents.
OK you're right; that is kinda sad.

random_person wrote:
And I have no strong feelings towards our TV advertisements in any form. Probably because they're so normal to me that they don't amount to any more than 'ads'. However, when I'm in the U.S., I cannot help but giggle at some of the things you lot have!

Like what? (Just out of curiosity)

Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next