The Resource For Musicals

Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat Forum

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Ideas for a college essay 
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Post Ideas for a college essay
Hey everyone. :D

I need ideas for a big essay that I'm going to be writing for a class I'm taking. It's a course on writing about music, any music we like, and it involves group discussion. Since all but one of the people in my group are very familiar with "Joseph..." (one girl's brother was in the chorus of the Broadway production back in the '90s), I decided that this show might be a good topic to write about.

I'm thinking of writing something about the show's evolution over the years from a simple, low-key, funny little musical for kids to a big, splashy thing with high camp, sexy costumes, celebrity stunt- and reality show-casting, etc. But I can't just describe that evolution - those would be just facts - or argue, as people like Beagle do, that the heart of the Bible story has been lost in the process - that would be just opinion.

I need a thesis. Any ideas? I don't want you to do my work for me or anything, but just offer a few suggestions that I could think over and offer to my group, because my mind is kind of stuck. :D

Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]