Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Main Role: Performer

I'd love to see Paul Sorvino as benny.

Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:06 am
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Krakowski's had a rather large star turn on NBC's 30 Rock. She's no top-liner, but she's big enough now that a secondary lead (and face it, Lola's "Best Supporting Actress" bait) is not out of the question.

Yeah, I'm thinkin' she's a big enough star...I mean obv. Carrey and Gyllenhaal are the big stars...I think she'd be perfect.

Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:20 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

I am officially horrified! is no one else completely disappointed that theyre basically rewriting it. i love movie musicals & i would love for them to come back into popularity as they were in the 40s & 50s but not at the cost of only making it good enough to sell. i adore this show & i'll be so disappointed to see it ruined. i dont hate carrey but i dont feel he has the subtlety to play applegate & can gyllenhaal even sing?? that part has got to be an amazing tenor & i really cant believe gyllenhaal would really hide that all this long. i am extremely frightened. krakowski is wonderful but to be honest she is just not physically built for lola (& yes i know she was in the revival, that doesnt mean it was right. look for pictures!).... oh lord may the theatre gods have mercy on us!

btw i loved the idea of kelsey grammar as applegate but hes getting on in years as well. i always would have loved to see robert preston of the music man do the the role.

Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:47 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

but to be honest she is just not physically built for lola

why not?

Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:18 pm
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

thegirlfromack wrote:
Jim Carrey and Jake G???

Yikes... can either sing? Is the show going to be almost entirely dubbed? I don't know what to think of it quite honestly...

Jim Carrey can carry a tune; I know that much. (If you've ever listened through the credits of A Series of Unfortunate Events he does a short little song in Captain Sham's voice. I don't know about his real voice, but his singing there didn't sound too bad.)

He also does a reasonable job of "Cuban Pete" in "The Mask" (yes it is really him singing).

Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3