1. What do you like about this show? Or, if you're not a fan, what makes it unmemorable for you?
Well, it was the first professional musical I ever saw, where it came to tour in Chicago when I was about 7. <3 It wasn't the one who got me into musicals, but it still holds a very special place in my heart. I actually didn't get into it as much until very recently, but I really like the songs, and, Disney as it is, I also really like the plot.
2. Pick your favourite song in the show and tell us why it's your favourite?
Home. I'm learning it in voice lessons now, and it really makes me die with how pretty it is. Also, I like If I Can't Love Her-I love the drama in it, and I feel it sums up the Beast very well.
3. What is your favourite lyric?
I'm not sure
4. Got a number you just can't stand? Tell us why.
Not really, although admittedly, I do prefer the more personal numbers than the big ensemble numbers (but I still love Be Our Guest!)
5. Who's your favorite character?
Belle. As cliche as that is, she's always been my favorite Disney princess! I look like her (with the brown, curly hair), my nose was usually stuck in a book (especially when I was younger!), I admire her pluck for standing up to her father, and sometimes, I can imagine other people thinking that I'm odd, too.
6. Who is your favourite Beauty and the Beast-related performer?
I'm not sure....I've just been getting into it again recently. I like a lot of what Susan Egan does, but I haven't been able to find many other performers on Youtube and such (if anyone has any, let me know!)
7. Got a favourite production? What made it so special?
well, I've only seen it once, 8 years ago
So I really can't say!
8. What do you think of the show as an adaptation of the film?
Definitely a good one. Since Disney hadn't been putting all of their productions on film yet, this was definitely good. I love the added songs and I think the magic was really brought to life onstage!