The Resource For Musicals

Cats Forum

Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
RUMBLEPURR's FANFICTION UPDATE 

Current Obsession: Fanfiction - CATS
Post RUMBLEPURR's FANFICTION UPDATE
NOTE: All Updates will appear at the 'Bottom' of the Thread...

For people interested in my fanfiction and CATS website...

UPDATE for JANUARY 11, 2010

THE NEW JELLICLE CHRONICLES
BOOK SEVEN -- Chapter 1 -- A Calculated Risk

In a surpising move, Macavity asks his Assistant, Nightshade, to send his mate, Candace, for the evening... Natasha is looking out for Deme II but takes a break to enjoy some time with Cicero. When she finds him, she discovers that "she" had already been there... A play day finds the younger kittens debating on how to play regular games while having mystics as players. Serena and Bernadette finally talk... Tugger shows the gang his prospect for the 'house' and they are not impressed... McCarthy checks out...

Respectfully Submitted,
Rumblepurr 8)
The Writer Cat.

Last edited by Rumblepurr on Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:07 pm
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: CATS, Charm&Smiley.
Main Role: Fan
Talking about Macavity, have you thaught off why he is so eager to "ruin" the Jellicle ball? (other than just being a nemesis to the Jellicles) I mean he must have hundreds off oportunities to kidnap old Deutoronomy for examply but choose the ball to do it, when every single Jellicle is at place.

Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:50 am

Post Mac and the Ball
There have been a few theories why Old Dee was taken. The one I like the best was Macavity simply wanted to talk to Old Dee without Munkus and Company interrupting. Another one is simply to show Munkus and Company that he could do it and get away with it. Either way, Maccie waited of the Ball because that was the time EVERYONE was in attendance. A coup like Old Dee's abduction would be more significant at the Ball than at any other time.

Rumblepurr
The Writer Cat.

Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:41 am
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

When you say it I can easily imagine the importance off (cant find the right word now) being noticed. It would be simular to take the crown juvels of england when the queen is wearing them.

About the talking to old Dee theory I am not so sure thou. After all if that was his purpose he wouldnt risk himself by disqusing as the patriark, would he? My impression is that he wants either to affect the mind off the Jellicles in some important issue (for example the upcoming selection off whom to be chosen.) or simple want to be the leader off the tribe, may it be by borrowed feathers or not. Either way its good that Demeter is there to set the record stright...

Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:12 am

Post Old Dee and Macavity
Heavylove wrote:
About the talking to old Dee theory I am not so sure thou. After all if that was his purpose he wouldnt risk himself by disqusing as the patriark, would he? My impression is that he wants either to affect the mind off the Jellicles in some important issue (for example the upcoming selection off whom to be chosen.) or simple want to be the leader off the tribe, may it be by borrowed feathers or not. Either way its good that Demeter is there to set the record stright...

Think of this... Macavity knows that the Jellicle Ball leads to the Choice, and also knows that only the Leader (Old Dee) can call it. By taking Old Dee, Macavity proves that he is in control of the Ball by holding Old Dee and the ability to call the Choice hostage. By bringing Old Dee back, Macavity gives the pretension of being magnanimous while still controlling the situation by instantly disguising himself as Old Dee. IF the disguise would have succeeded, who knows what he would have done... Would Macavity eventually remove the disguise and take the insecurity of Old Dee's abduction and mix in the deceptiveness of Macavity's ability to infiltrate at will? I believe Macavity abducted Old Dee to disrupt the Ball and show his superiority over the Tribe. The only item he did not calculate into the equation was Demeter's ability to sense him... He still could win if he kept Old Dee hidden. Again, he did not know that Mistoffelees could teleport Old Dee out of danger... As such, the plans of the Napoleon of Crime were thwarted...

Respectfully,
Rumblepurr
The Writer Cat.

Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:28 am
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Indeed, makes me wonder whom he might have choice (if that is within his abilites while disquesed as old Dee ofc) Himself or some one else?

And speaking off the choice, they say twice that the chosen cat is reborn to a better Jellicle life but from whats happen in "the heavieside layer its almost look like a painless death or going to heaven sort off event.

By the way (and this maight sound like a silly question after seeing the show three times) excactly what happens with Munkus after his fight with Macavity? So far I been under the impression that he either died or is heavily wounded and then is either ressurected/healed by Misto but I might be wrong on that part... Either way that fight must have been the lowpoint off poor Munkus day (or rather night)...

Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:30 pm

Indeed, makes me wonder whom he might have choice (if that is within his abilites while disquesed as old Dee ofc) Himself or some one else?

Although Maccie has some magic - levitation and illusions (multiple appearance) - I doubt he can call the Choice because he is NOT Old Dee - even if he looks like him...

Heavylove wrote:
And speaking off the choice, they say twice that the chosen cat is reborn to a better Jellicle life but from whats happen in "the heavieside layer its almost look like a painless death or going to heaven sort off event.

A good analogy of what is probably happening is akin to Elijah being physically being taken up into Heaven... My guess is they stay for a while in the Heavyside and then their soul is sent back to a new birth.

Heavylove wrote:
Excactly what happens with Munkus after his fight with Macavity? So far I been under the impression that he either died or is heavily wounded and then is either ressurected/healed by Misto but I might be wrong on that part... Either way that fight must have been the lowpoint off poor Munkus day (or rather night)...

In the US Tour, Munkus is smacked pretty hard, and is probably knocked to near-unconsciousness. At one point, Alonzo seems to ask if he should attack, and Munkus is probably seeing about four of him at the time, and waves him on. In the UK version, Demeter helps him up after the fight. One thing you might be interested in seeing. Notice that even before Munkus and Maccie actually fight... Macavity gestures at Munkustrap, and Munkus falls back in pain... It's like giving him an instant migraine...

Respectfully
Rumblepurr
The Writer Cat.

Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:05 pm
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Thats sound logical and it should explain why one off the queens help him out off danger. Munkus is one off my favorite toms in the tribe.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:50 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Id guess Macavity is happy with that there isnt four Alonzo fighting him :lol: Id guess theyre chocked but its a bit sad to see how few off the tribe that helps in the fight. Deme opens the fight but is relative easy knocked off and then most just watch as Munkus fight... But Id guess its more disturbing than helpfull to have the others interfear in the fight...

Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:07 am

Post Weekly Update

WEEKLY UPDATE for JANUARY 19, 2010

Sorry I'm late - had a really FULL Sunday...

BOOK SEVEN -- Chapter 2 -- Home Fun Home

Tugger is told that his ideas concerning his House has some problems... Demeter has a dream concerning a reflection in a mirror. When she has it a second time, the dream turns into a nightmare... Jerrie and Teazer discover there has been some changes to the Dock Patrols... Demeter is not the only one finding problems in dreams - Eudora is proving to be like Deme... Macavity plans a date. In the same manner, so does Murray...

Respectfully Submitted,
Rumblepurr 8)
The Writer Cat.

Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:19 pm
Profile WWW

Post WEEKLY UPDATE 1-26

WEEKLY UPDATE for JANUARY 26, 2010

BOOK SEVEN -- Chapter 3 -- A Day in the Park

Macavity takes Olivia to see CATS but in a manner that makes her visible to Munkustrap... Simon and Jessie, two swings in the show, feel Macavity's presence and leave the show... Murray asks Marie to take a walk with him in Central Park... Resting in the shade in Central Park, several members of the Tribe debate on the problem with Demeter II... Cicero shows Tugger the basement of the Natrual History Museum...

Respectfully submitted,
Rumblepurr
The Writer Cat.

Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:27 pm
Profile WWW

Post Update for February 1, 2010
For those interested in my fanfiction

Update for February 1, 2010

THE JELLICLE CHRONICLES
BOOK 7 -- Chapter 4 -- Colors of Autumn

The Dark Twins and Mysteera learn something about the origin of the Jellicles... The second Demeter discovers where Macavity is hiding 'Sheffie'... Tugger sees progress on the Mahattan Maison... The Tribal Demeter sees a change in her dream, and that gives her something to possibly change the future... Jellylorum has an unexpected patient enter the clinic, and Munkustrap is asked to do something that he does not want to do...

Respectfully submitted
Rumblepurr
The Writer Cat.

Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:55 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 112 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next