The Resource For Musicals

Wicked Forum

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Do Idina and Kristin Hate Each Other?! 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Location: London, England, UK, Europe, The World, The Universe
Post Do Idina and Kristin Hate Each Other?!
Hi, this may be in the wrong place on the forums but as I didn't know where to put it I just put it here. If it's in the wrong place please feel free to move it.

Anyway, the past year and a half or so, I've been troubled over the fact that Idina and Kristin hate each other. I heard there was a feud between them, but people have said this is untrue. I would like to know the truth. I heard Kristin wrote something in her book about it, but as I'm from the UK I cannot access said book so can someone please copy and paste what she said?

Also I have the feeling they hate each other because:
- Kristin isn't in Idina's top friends on Facebook
- Kristin isn't following Idina's twitter or vice versa
- They were both at Macy's Thanksgiving Parade '09 but didn't see each other
- When was the last time anyone saw them performing together? The only videos I find of them on YouTube are either 2005 or before

I also heard from someone that Idina chose Kristin to be Walker's godmother, and believing it at the time, I put it on Wikipedia, only to see it had been removed the next day. Is this true?! I'm confused :S

Someone please try to help me out with this.

Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:57 am
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Location: If you care to find me, look to the western sky...or just look in Toronto

Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:48 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Just because they aren't close friends doesn't mean they hate eachother.

I've been in shows with long runs and haven't talked to others in the cast since (e.g. I haven't talked to the Taylor to my Chad in HSM or the Dorothy to my Scarecrow in Wizard of Oz).

I know my examples are to a smaller scale than being in a broadway show together but still, just because they were in a show together doesn't mean they're gonna be BFFs for eternity.

Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:42 am

Haha, actually, one of my friends' uncles is a Broadway producer, and manager to singers like Barbra Streisand, Betty Buckley etc, and he knows both Idina and Kristin very well. According to him, they actually DO despise one another... or at the very least, don't get along at all. I believe it.

Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:31 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: Do Idina and Kristin Hate Each Other?!
songsinabox wrote:
Anyway, the past year and a half or so, I've been troubled over the fact that Idina and Kristin hate each other.

You, my friend, need a hobby.

Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:13 am

I asked Idina at the stage door of Wicked in November 2006 if she still keeps in touch with Kristin (this was back when I liked Kristin) and she paused for a second (she may have just been concentrating on signing autographs) and said "Not really, she's really busy at the moment but she's doing good".
There's also a video on youtube of someone asking Kristin at the stage door of The Apple Tree to sign a picture of her with Idina and she says "Who's that?
A lot of people also think all the love and the kiss-blowing at the Tony awards was completely fake.
Btw, what is Idina's twitter name?

Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:20 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

well it said in the grimmerie something like the chemistry between is different off stage than it is on stage but its still magical when they get together
i got from that they weren't close friends and these seems quite obvious from other evidence.

i heard that they had a fight before the 2004 tony awards but the first person idina menzel kissed when she won was kristin and she was the first person she thanked in her speech

personally does it matter if they're friends they've done the show and had great chemistry onstage so who cares if they've stayed in touch afterwards. people move apart and lose people.

anyway sorry for long reply :)

Because i knew you .. i have been changed for good :mrgreen:

Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:29 pm

Main Role: Other...
I could not resist posting this after reading this thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWlyjKRFAn0

Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:44 pm
Profile WWW
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

=D> =D> =D>

Ygraine in Pendragon
Mrs O''Lafferty in Ragged Child

Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:42 am
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

Current Obsession: Newsies The Musical, Pilgrim
Main Role: Fan
O_o Wow. This is news to me. I have never gotten the vibe that they hated each other. It could be true though. Who knows? I for one am sceptical of this being a true statement.

Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:37 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Location: London, England, UK, Europe, The World, The Universe
It's alright, I found out the truth a couple days ago. Turns out they don't hate each other, just stupid rumours going around.

Here's what someone had to say on the matter:

Quote:
Kristin didn’t go into detail in her book about any issues they may have had with each other after “Wicked.” In fact, if you’ve seen a clip of Kristin’s last performance, she and Idina hugged each other hard, and Idina even lifted her up. So whatever falling out occurred happened after Kristin left the show (which happened after the Tonys). People have speculated that the falling out concerned Idina winning the Tony. Kristin called it rubbish and said Idina deserved it far more than she did. She goes on to say she’s “not a hater” and that any actress who behaves badly, on or off the set/stage, to co-workers and crew, shoots themselves in the foot because no one wants to work with someone who’s nasty, no matter how talented they are.

Here’s what the book says: “…I’ve got my wicked streak, and so does Idina, but our paths haven’t crossed enough for a mediocre rivalry, much less a healthy steam of hatred. Enquiring minds want to know, but the unsensational truth is that we’re two hardworking girls, both doing pretty well for ourselves in a rough industry.”

Kristin doesn’t seem the type of person to bad-mouth fellow co-stars. Some ex-lovers, yeah, but she even gave her last “big loves” some “rebuttal time” in the book, and they even spoke in her audio book. She also addressed that some people believed she and Idina, at one point, were lovers (or still are), saying that that was completely false.

Considering there is a very strong possibility that, with Idina doing all the remaining episodes of “Glee,” she and Kristin will be working together soon, as Krisin is also in another episode of the show this season. Hopefully, whatever falling out or miscommunication they had, they’ve put it behind them and can at least be comfortable working together, if not being good acquaintances again. I sure hope so.

:)

Prior to seeing this, I noticed this in an interview with Kristin when talking about her book:

Quote:
“We had very different ways of working. Our processes are extremely different. But there is no denying what we brought onstage. And that was the most important thing. I’d be a liar if I said it [was] all happy and roses all the time — but do we hate each other? No. We couldn’t do that show and hate each other. I mean, there’s so much love there, you know, between us still.”

And this, on a question and answer site, written less than a month ago:

Quote:
Kristin Chenoweth and Idina Menzel starred in the Broadway show "Wicked" and they remain good friends and do socialize together.

Guess ultimately I answered my own question :P I'm sorry for creating this topic and causing so much commotion, I just was unsure back then. I hope the Glee rumour is true btw ;)

Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:24 pm
Profile WWW

Alls I'm going to say is, why would you EVER think that either one of them would go on record saying that they hated one another? Especially if it was true. In an interview with Kristin on The View, she was incredibly flustered when they asked her this same question. Her voice jumped an octave, she started talking really, REALLY fast, and furthermore, her exact words were:

"You guys all have different styles, right? Sometimes you disagree, right? But you love each other and you're a family, right? There you go... We have different styles, but I love her."

Let me decode:

"She and I have nothing in common, we fought and bickered a lot off stage, but we had to do a job. We had great chemistry on stage, and I do respect her as a performer."

Do they hate each other? I doubt it, that takes too much effort. But I think it's obvious that they don't get along. Honestly, just think of it like Roxie and Velma and Chicago. That's them. They don't like each other, they don't get along, but, they have similar interests/needs, and when they work together, the chemistry is somehow amazing. Done.

P.S. If you'd like to see the interview, it's here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqzZ4Ztq ... re=related

Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:35 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next