The Resource For Musicals

A Funny Thing Happened On the Way To the Forum Forum

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Female auditioning for Pseudolus 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post Female auditioning for Pseudolus
Hi guys,

Fabulous forums! I love seeing actors help each other out.

So I have a query...I'm auditioning for Forum in January and I've always loved the show. I've been watching some on youtube and will be getting the libretto later this week.

Only thing is...the part I've always wanted to play is Pseudolus. I'm a chubby character actor and there's a lot I think I could do with the part. Plus I guess I like playing guys parts (I've also always wanted to do Judas in Jesus Christ Superstar). I'm not quite sure at this moment if this is what the director has in mind (I guess waiting to see how many guys turn out).

So I need an awesome song to wow them with at auditions. I am a mezzo belter. I thought about taking the last bit of King of Broadway (The Producers) which is def in my range, however, their next show is The Producers. It might be what a lot of people are thinking of doing what with the Nathan Lane connection.

Any thoughts??

Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:52 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: Overcoming illness
Main Role: Performer
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I don't think it'll turn out favorably for you unless the director has specified that females are fair game for the role.

Perhaps you could go for Domina. You seem to have the right type and vocal range for her, and "Dirty Old Man" can be a showstopper when done exceptionally well.

Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:00 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Well I would go for Domina but there are plenty of older ladies to choose from which I do believe he would go for. I mean the auditions aren't until late January so there's some time. It'll just depend on the turn out.

Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]