The Resource For Musicals

Bye Bye Birdie Forum

Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
What part did you play 
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

i am currently Gloria and Nancy in BBB. Super fun!

Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:18 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

I actually just got the role for mae peterson. Any tips on how to play her?

Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:07 pm
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

Current Obsession: Newsies The Musical, Pilgrim
Main Role: Fan
I played Harvey Johnson's Dad. The kid playing Harvey was like 6 feet tall, and I am about 5' 4", so that was fun. I was also in the Shriner Ballet.

Quote:
I actually just got the role for mae peterson. Any tips on how to play her?

Well first of all, understand that Mae loves her son a lot, and still views him as a child who needs guidance. She doesn't want to let him be independent (that's how obsessed she is with him). She will do anything to keep Albert "on a leash" so to speak. If you have read the script already, you will notice that Mae puts guilt trips on Albert for most of the play, so that he stays with her. Whenever she sees Rosie, she tries to put her down, because she fears that Rosie will take Albert away from her.

Secondly, she is very obnoxious, and loud. She is also very melodramatic when she tries to make Albert feel guilty when he wants to do something on his own without her.

Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:34 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

I played Kim last summer it was really fun

Fri May 07, 2010 2:35 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

i currently have the part of nacy do you no who she is and/or what parts she has all i know is that she is in the telephone hour so if you could help me out that would be great

Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:48 pm
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Main Role: Performer
I was in the teen chorus. So much fun even though I was only in 3 songs. My theater somewhat rotates plays so I'm hoping next time they'll do it I can be something. I would love to be Rosie, but I don't take dance (but I would probably be able to learn the dance stuff) and I can't roll my r's (which seems major in Spanish Rose). I would also have a problem because the Rosie song makes me cry because it's just so sweet!

We had a HILARIOUS improv during the last show (that i missed since I had to stay backstage :cry: ) because the guy (yes, i said guy) that played Mrs. Peterson wanted the acting critic people to be impressed with the guy who played Conrad, so after one last kiss when Conrad gets punched instead of catching him everyone runs off stage. Mrs Peterson comes out and goes up to Conrad, and is like "CONRAD!". He picks him up and completly MAKES OUT with him (more like his face) and then Conrad just goes "YOU OLD RAT I'M FINE!" Then backstage he couldn't get the lipstick off his face!

Then, during the next scene (when Conrad is about to sing "A Lot of Livin' to do") When Mae was like "Are you looking for a more...mature woman?" Conrad comes out with his makeup removing cloth and he's like "No....it already happened once...and I know I will NEVER be that tense!"

To get Mae back we put a stuffed dog in the oven that said it was Lou and it had a beer can on it, but he pretended it wasn't there. :( Sorry for such a long story but I just had to tell people :)

Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:28 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Current Obsession: Kellie Pickler
Post Re: What part did you play
Mayor's Wife....the Mayor was a seventh grader...oh how i miss that.

Crazy for You - Polly Baker
Suessical - Jojo's Mother

Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:13 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Hugo F. Peabody!

Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:17 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Current Obsession: Meet Me In St. Louis
Just got cast as Mae Peterson yesterday. I've been thinking about what type of accent to use for her for weeks though. Any suggestions?

Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:40 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

em'ly wrote:
Just got cast as Mae Peterson yesterday. I've been thinking about what type of accent to use for her for weeks though. Any suggestions?

Does she really need an accent? I guess it depends if you want to play up the New Yorker stereotype or not.

Anyway, I played Kim over the summer with a community theater... I am now happily dating one of the assistant stage managers baha. The show was fun but I had to wear this super heavy wig. Ugh.

Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:04 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Current Obsession: The Light In the Piazza, Belle, Fly Fly Away
Just got cast as Rosie :)

"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by doing so, some people have entertained angels without knowing it"
- Hebrews 13:2

Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:34 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Conrad Birdie for all shows. Harvey Johnson for two of them :twisted:

Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next