The Resource For Musicals

Aspects of Love Forum

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Probably the show that has the most depth 
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Main Role: Performer
realistic as in there are real emotions here...and characters based on real people. david garnett based Sir George on himself...

and nicola..you are the one to be pitied if you do explore musical theatre and get your heado ut of the webber blanket and see great stuff by Sondheim,Porter,Coward,Lerner,Hart,JRB,and Kander and Ebb.

Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:36 am
Profile WWW
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Musical theatre is not my life. I dip my feet in every now and again, but I have other, more prominent interests in my life to explore. It's subjective. Pitying me about my taste in musicals says more about you than it does me.

Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:45 am
Profile WWW

no it doesnt. its a matter of culture and taste.

webber is pretty much the adam sandler of musical theatre composers.

Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:05 am
Profile WWW
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Are you a cultural expert in every field? In film? In Literature? In history? In language? In art? In television? In nature? In computers? In geography? In architecture? In science?

What about just music? Are you a cultural expert on metal? country? gothic? punk? rock? classical? world? new age? folk?

The list goes on.

There is more in this world than musical theatre. It astounds me that you have the nerve to talk to me as if you are superior, because you believe yourself to listen to superior musicals. There are plenty of cultural elitists that look down their noses at the whole industry, let alone ALW.

In all of your posts that I have seen so far, you have completely lacked respect for any other opinion other than your own. I can only assume that this is because of one of two things: your IQ is lower than 90; or, you are a self-centred, spoilt and immature human being. You are obviously beyond reasoning or civil discussion so I'll leave this thread at that.

Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:19 am
Profile WWW

you really have no idea who you are talking to. I am extremely knowledgable in many area of arts,history and culture. if you want some proof ask many of the long time members here such as Jazzygirl, Marymag,Teapot,actor,Josh,Amber,Star2ballie,BroadwayBeast,Idtapthat, etc..etc..
you come on here as a newbie and start making personal remarks about me??? If you keep it up the Mods will hear about it.

Until then just take your own advice and chill out.

Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:04 am
Profile WWW
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Well I hate Adam Sandler and love a lot of Lloyd Webber so I guess it's subjective :P Instead of pity i think Nicola is lucky in a way--there's so much amazing stuff out there for her to discover.

Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:17 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Well I hate Adam Sandler and love a lot of Lloyd Webber so I guess it's subjective :P Instead of pity i think Nicola is lucky in a way--there's so much amazing stuff out there for her to discover.

Cool seeing you here, Eric!

Formerly known as Dvarg

\"Hans usually knows his shitt when it comes to theatre.\" - Salome

\"You all are f***ing crazy, except Hans, who is actually quite smart\" - Jennyanydots

Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:01 am
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

you really have no idea who you are talking to. I am extremely knowledgable in many area of arts,history and culture. if you want some proof ask many of the long time members here such as Jazzygirl, Marymag,Teapot,actor,Josh,Amber,Star2ballie,BroadwayBeast,Idtapthat, etc..etc..
you come on here as a newbie and start making personal remarks about me??? If you keep it up the Mods will hear about it.

Until then just take your own advice and chill out.

I don't care who you are. At all. I don't care about anyone elses opinion of you either. I was not questioning your cultural experience, I was merely pointing out that you cannot know absolutely everything in this world. People prioritise their interests. Musicals are not the top of my priorities which is why I do not care for your elitism. I was most polite to you explaining this a few posts up but you were still rude to me. Run to the mods if you wish (I am, as you say, a newbie, so being banned from this website will not cause me any distress whatsoever), but if you can't receive rudeness, do not dish it out.

Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:42 am
Profile WWW

WEll either that or the two of you can try to be civil to each other when replying to each others posts while disagreeing. Stick to points rather then things of a ethereal nature or do not talk to each other.

Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2