The Resource For Musicals

A Chorus Line Forum

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Kristine 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post Kristine
Hello everyone! I was wondering if anyone can help me locate Kristine's monologue about how she started dancing? I am going to search for the script at some of the bookstores in my area but was interested to see if anyone has it and can email it to me or post it. I found Val, Paul and Bobby's on-line. Thanks!

Sat May 10, 2008 7:23 am
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

ZACH: Kristine.

KRISTINE: Oh no... me?

AL: That's what he said.

KRISTINE: Well, uh... I don't know where to begin.

AL: Tell him how you started.

KRISTINE: Well, everyone always said when I was little that when they put the radio on I would always get up and start dancing. Oh! And then this man came around to my house selling...

AL: Lessons.

KRISTINE: Right, lessons! He was a teriffic salesman, I'll never forget it. He put me up against a television set- one of those great big square things -- and touched my foot to the back of my head. And he said "This little girl could be a star. Well, I don't know if it was the look on my face or the fact that I... wouldn't let go of his leg, but my mother saw how much it meant to me. I mean, I used to watch everything on TV that had dancing on it. Especially, oh... what was it? Um...

AL: Ed Sullivan.

KRISTINE: RIGHT!! Ed Sullivan, every Sunday,like church!! ... I'm sorry, I'm just really nervous.

XACH: Just relax. And try to pull yourself together.

AL: Uh, for her.. this is together.

KRISTINE: He's right. Anyway, I wanted to be all those people I saw in the movies. It's funny, I never wanted to be Ann Miller. I wanted to be Doris Day. But I had this little...

AL: Problem.

("Sing!" begins)

Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:15 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]