The Resource For Musicals

Mamma Mia! Forum

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
MAMMA MIA! at São Paulo, Brazil 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post MAMMA MIA! at São Paulo, Brazil
Hello, everyone! I'm a new member! My name's Nicolas Marlon, I'm from Blumenau, Brazil. My city it's like... 800km away from São Paulo, where most musicals open. I know that a lot of people who live far from NY have to travel in order to watch a musical, I always have to take a flight to do the same here in Brazil. Soooo... last month, MAMMA MIA! opened at São Paulo. November 10th. It closed on December 19th and will return on January 05th, probably closing on November, in 2011. On 42 performances, more than 35.000 people already watched MAMMA MIA! and only on tickets, something like three million dollars returned to T4F, the company that makes the show. T4F's investiment was of almost eight million dollars. The tickets go from 250,00 to 90,00 (like U$ 150,00 to u$ 40,00). Teatro Abril, held since 2001; Lès Miserables, Beauty and the Beast, The Phantom of the Opera, Chicago, Miss Saigon, Beauty and the Beast (again), Cats and now MAMMA MIA! The cast of MAMMA MIA! has Kiara Sasso (Belle in BEAUTY AND THE BEAST (2002), Maria in THE SOUND OF MUSIC, Christine in THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA, Emma in JEKYLL & HYDE) as Donna, Saulo Vasconcelos (Javert in LÈS MISERABLES, Beast in BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, Phantom in THE PHANTON OF THE OPERA -Brazil and Mexico-, Captain VonTrapp in THE SOUND OF MUSIC), Old Deuteronomy in CATS) as Sam and other names like Rachel Ripani as Tanya, Andrezza Massei as Rosie, Carlos Arruza as Bill, Pati Amoroso as Sophie, Cleto Baccic (Rum Tum Tugger in CATS) as Harry and Thiago Machado as Sky. MAMMA MIA! is already a huge hit in Brazil! I went to see it on December 4th, a Saturday, and I watched both performances (17h00 and 21h00). There was like 1.300-1.500 people in both of them, something regular since it's just the first month, but still, impressive! You can know more about the production on www.musicalmammamia.com.br
I hope you guys share your opinions about our production, with clothes and scenarios from the Las Vegas show, that was closed in 2009!!! Sorry if I wrote something wrong! :)

Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]