The Resource For Musicals

Jersey Boys Forum

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
From John Lloyd Youngs Blog 
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Post From John Lloyd Youngs Blog
Dear friends and JERSEY BOYS fans,

Twice a year the Broadway community comes together to raise funds for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS and the Phyllis Newman Women's Health Initiative, which benefits women battling breast cancer. JERSEY BOYS has begun fundraising again at the August Wilson Theatre.

Last time around, through this website alone, you helped raise over $12,000 for JERSEY BOYS' efforts, more than 10% of JERSEY BOYS' $110,000 total! Now that JERSEY BOYS is a bona-fide hit and the 2006 Tony-winner for Best Musical, I think you and I together can reach $25,000, this time, and I'm determined for us to get there.

Here are some ways you can help:

For a suggested donation of $50 (though any amount is fine), I will send you a signed photo or signed playbill, personalized to you or a friend or a loved one. If we've posed for a photo together at the stage door, send it to me with a contribution, and I'll sign it and send it back to you.

(To the younger fans, of course if you still live at home with your parents, I will always send you a photo for free. But ask your parents if they'll make the donation for you!)

For a $100 donation, I will send you a personalized, signed snapshot of me with my Tony Award at home!

One of the most important ways you can help, whether you can make a donation or not, is to cut and paste this message into an e-mail and send it to your friends, family and fellow JERSEY BOYS fans.

I will list all contributors here on the blog. You are welcome to make your contribution in memory or tribute to someone, as well. For those of you who donated before, please consider doing so again.

Make your check out to "BC/EFA" and send it to me at:
John Lloyd Young, c/o JERSEY BOYS, 245 W. 52nd Street, New York, NY 10019.

You can also find a variety of great JERSEY BOYS props, memorabilia and more for sale at Ebay, including many items signed by me: things like signed programs from my past appearance in Paper Mill's THE CHOSEN, signed backstage passes from JERSEY BOYS appearances, etc. Check back often for unique auctions -- last time up for auction, there were backstage tours, even walk-on roles in the show! All proceeds will go toward JERSEY BOYS' fundraising efforts.
Please visit the JERSEY BOYS Ebay page.

Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:38 am
Profile YIM WWW
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Post From John Lloyd Young's Blog
That's very sweet of you to do that Kathryn, letting everybody know that.

Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:39 pm
Profile WWW
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

He asked everyone if they could so I just posted it every where I could think to.

Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:29 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:01 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]