The Resource For Musicals

Spamalot Forum

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Hedy Larue 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post Hedy Larue
Ok so our high school is doing H2$. I want to play Hedy Laure cause she has lots of lines and not much singing. but does anyone have any tips on becoming her character?

Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:57 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post Hedy LaRue
This was one of my very favorite roles to play. One of the most undoubtedly hilarious characters, Hedy LaRue is extremely flamboyant and outrageous, yet extremely naive about it at the same time. For example, she can be trying to seduce Finch, flaunting all of her best assets, and completely aware of her flirtatious attitude. Then, the next moment, she can be getting ready for her new job as secretary, unaware that she is under the bulging eyes of all the office executives.

In the production I was in, I played up my naturally high voice, adding an almost Brooklyn-esque twinge to it. She is, after all, coming straight from the Copa Cabana.

Also, make sure you spend time with the guy playing J.B. Bigley. You guys HAVE to have great chemistry during the "Love From a Heart of Gold" scene. It's really important, and if you can work really well together, the audience will surely die from laughter.

Play Hedy up to her fullest, and make sure you have fun!

Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:14 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: In the Heights,Aaron Tveit, I Love You Because
Main Role: Performer
why is this in the spamalot forum??? I don't know how to redirect things but if anyone does could they please move this. I'm all for digressions but this is a bit much and it almost seems accidental .

Previous: Into The Woods -Cinderella, West Side Story- Rosalia, My Fair Lady - u/s Eliza, Cats -Demeter, FAME!-Serena, Fiddler...- Hodel, A Chorus Line - Lois, Guys and Dolls - Adelaide, No, No Nanette

Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:11 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

I find it a little unsettling that there's a "Guys and Dolls" forum and not one for H2$, which is IMHO Loesser's better score.

"...Apples is probably the one who's posted the most relevant musical stuff long term in the past few months."- UniquePerspective

Mon May 11, 2009 4:40 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post Re: Hedy Larue
I think that this information is the best.

Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:54 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post Re: Hedy Larue
Hedy Larue is a great character and I like her show. Yes, she has lots of lines and not much singing.

Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]