The Resource For Musicals

Wicked Forum

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Changes? 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post Changes?
Perhaps this has been addressed before. I was an Wicked obsessive high school student I knew every line, every dance, song, cast etc. Well its been 5 years since I last saw the show (or obsessed over it) and I finally went again last night (Madison WI tour). Maybe my memory is failing me but are there a few new scenes put in? One I REALLY don't remember Elphaba running into Fiyero when he first comes on stage. Another is I believe they changed the choreography towards the beginning of DTL. Maybe its just been so long but those scenes seem different. Anyone else notice this?

Thanks!

Wed May 29, 2013 4:53 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Post Re: Changes?
there have been a few minor changes over the years for instance: when Fiyero first enters on his cart in DTL originally he never noticed Elphaba at first (hence in DTL when Elphaba first shows up at the party Fiyero inquires "Who In Oz is THAT?" when the scene was revamped to how it is now, that line was cut.
Another change that only applied to the touring versions, prior to the introduction of the witch silouete, about 8 seconds of music was cut from the opening of NOMTW because the tours didn't use the big witch hat that New York and other productions that opened priopr to London did (London was the axing point for the witch hat)

Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:10 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]