The Resource For Musicals

Wicked Forum

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
San Francisco Closing night Review 
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Post San Francisco Closing night Review
got to the theatre w/ about an hour & 45 minsw to kill. so my uncle & I walked around behind the theaer & talked to one of the crew guys (it was kinda funny because he was woreking at wicked yet had a "Phantom of the Opera" shjirt on. I blew him away w/ everything i knew about the show. then we went ionside.
waited about 15 minutes before the main theater dopors opened.

Overture/No One Mourns The Wicked: tghe moment the overture started the crowd went CRAZY! Alli was AMAZING w/ the high note at the end!
Dear Old Shiz very nice harmonizing on this one.,
"The Wizard & I" - Marcie dodd..WOW! what a voice!
Nothing Bad: Paul Slade Smith is a GREAT Dr. D
Dancing Through Life: Clifton is probably the BEAST Fiyero i've seen do this one
Popular: Alli's scream was So worth the ticket price!
I'm NHot That Girl: of the 5 x's i've heard this song live, this was probably my favoprite
One Short Day: the Ensemble dod an outstanding job as always
Sentementle Man: Tom Flynn did a great job w/ this
Difying GraVity: the whole audience went NUTS whjen Marcie rose. Maybe it was trhe fact that it was closing night but this audience was probably the loudest i've heard during the song.

Thank Goodness: Alli dids a great job on this one as well
Wicked Witch of the East: this was probably Deedee's best!
"Wonderful" spectacular as always
"I'm Not That Girl (Reprise yiui really could feel Glinda's heartache in this one
"As Long As You're Mine: Marcie & Clifton were spectacular!
"No Good Deed: Marcie's deliveryt on this sent chills down my spine
March Of The Witch Hunters: really well delivered by the ensemble. Jody Gelb's "smile & wave and SHUT UP!" was the best i've heard yet
For Good: I've always liked the way Alli did thias one and she and Marcie did an AMAZING job!
"Melting Scene: probably the best scream ii've heard yet from that scene
Finale very well done by the entire cast
Curtain Call: here'as where it gets interesting. the 4 previous times i'd seen the show the audience waited till the very end to stand up (applauding the whole time of course) tonight they were up and applauding like CRAZY even before the first person walked out on stage.
Speech by David Stone: VERY well done! he thanked everyone in thwe company & the Orchestra FOH staff, thw localk producers but most importantly San Francisco in general for helping make "Wicked" what it is today.

Spent anout 90 nminutres at the styage door. got just about everybody in the cast except Marcie. while I was busy getting autographs the guy I tallked to earlier told my uncle had it not been closing night he could've gotten me a backstage tour. oh well. all in all it was a GREAT night & one i will remember forever!

Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:41 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]