The Resource For Musicals



Wicked Forum


Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
What was Your Favorite Song? 
Author Message
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:11 am
Posts: 204
Location: Georgia, United States
Current Obsession: Newsies The Musical, Pilgrim
Main Role: Fan
Post 
Razadazzle wrote:
Mistress wrote:
, Julia Murney does one of the most emotional NGD's I've heard. Her voice may not be a good fit for the music, but she's one of the best actresses to have taken the role...



Agreed. She's very well rounded in her acting. Her voice is absolutely beautiful and a mix I envy but I am in agreement there as well. Or at least from what I've seen.


I think Eden Espinosa's NGD from her last show in the San Francisco production is THE best. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs5jKnt9Ez0


Mon May 31, 2010 7:56 pm
Profile
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:11 am
Posts: 204
Location: Georgia, United States
Current Obsession: Newsies The Musical, Pilgrim
Main Role: Fan
Post 
It's actually from LA.


Mon May 31, 2010 8:00 pm
Profile
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:42 am
Posts: 704
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Current Obsession: CATS, Charm&Smiley.
Main Role: Fan
Post 
Well Ive seen two songs live, Popular and Defying Gravity and especially Defying Gravity created the huge feeling off go and see the entire play so it has to be my favorite. Even thou all the songs Ive heard on youtube is great to.

_________________
Charm&Smiley-A Lone Dog.
"Do I actually see with my own very eyes?
A man that havent heard off a Jellicle cat?"


Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:25 am
Profile
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2002 8:09 pm
Posts: 290
Location: Vallejo,CA
Post 
I like "Populer--LAR" Especially the way Alli Sang it (can't wait to see her Sept 5th) In the meantime i'm really looking forward to Katie's version on Sunday (I hear she's really good)


Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:45 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 7:03 pm
Posts: 2756
Location: New York, NY
Post 
I actually think Thank Goodness is one of the best written songs in the show. It's a bit repetitive, yes, but the melody and character development are phenomenal.

The only person to actually nail the song IMO is Kendra. She and Helene Yorke are the only ones to really belt the end of the song out (Helene's isn't as moving though), which it needs to be. I didn't really even care for the song until I heard Kendra sing it, which gave it a completely new meaning for me:

Watch from 7:32 until the end :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ehj7wTDkaM8

Now, if she could only hit the High C, it'd be literally PERFECT :P

_________________
Image
Previous Forum Casts: Mark (Rent), Boq (Wicked), Fagin (Oliver)
MDN's Most Handsome 2010


Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:07 am
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:56 am
Posts: 1948
Post 
Jman383 wrote:
The only person to actually nail the song IMO is Kendra. She and Helene Yorke are the only ones to really belt the end of the song out (Helene's isn't as moving though), which it needs to be. I didn't really even care for the song until I heard Kendra sing it, which gave it a completely new meaning for me.

The best belters of that song are Kendra, Lucy Scherer and Louise Dearman, I would say.

_________________
Nick


Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:04 am
Profile
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:44 pm
Posts: 2758
Location: North Carolina
Current Obsession: Shaw
Main Role: Performer
Post 
Jman383 wrote:
I actually think Thank Goodness is one of the best written songs in the show. It's a bit repetitive, yes, but the melody and character development are phenomenal.

The only person to actually nail the song IMO is Kendra. She and Helene Yorke are the only ones to really belt the end of the song out (Helene's isn't as moving though), which it needs to be. I didn't really even care for the song until I heard Kendra sing it, which gave it a completely new meaning for me:

Watch from 7:32 until the end :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ehj7wTDkaM8

Now, if she could only hit the High C, it'd be literally PERFECT :P


I'm no belting expert, and consider myself more of an actor than singer, but I agree with your thoughts on the song. I had a similar experience where I saw it in a new light too, only it was upon seeing Natalie Daradich sing the song.

_________________
Image


Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:19 pm
Profile WWW
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:04 pm
Posts: 87
Location: Washington
Post 
Probably Defying Gravity and The Wizard and I


Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:10 pm
Profile
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:29 am
Posts: 1854
Location: New York
Current Obsession: Overcoming illness
Main Role: Performer
Post 
Right now I'm feeling quite fortunate that Kendra Kassebaum was the Glinda I saw on Broadway!

_________________
"Ms. Darbus" in Disney's High School Musical, "Margot Frank" in The Diary of Anne Frank, "Princess Number Twelve" in Once Upon a Mattress, ensembles of Cinderella, The Music Man, and Sweeney Todd


Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:35 pm
Profile
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 9:52 am
Posts: 51
Location: London, UK
Post 
Hm. No Good Deed and For Good, I think. The only one I'm not really keen on is Something Bad because the lyrics sound a bit corny to me.

_________________
Current: Choreographer(Godspell) Admetus/Macavity(Cats)
Past: Gallileo(WWRY) Mungojerrie/Growltiger(Cats) Angel(Rent) Molokov(Chess) Rameses(PoE) Scar(LK) AudreyII(LSOH) Zebulun/Butler(Joseph) Judas(JCS) Judas/John(Godspell) Melchior(GSoE)


Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:36 am
Profile
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 2:39 pm
Posts: 38
Post 
"No Good Deed". Gives me chills every time.

_________________
Previously: Ensemble (Sweeney Todd)
Current: Dancer/"Billy Flynn Girl" (Chicago)
Next: PIPPIN audition


Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:14 am
Profile
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:44 pm
Posts: 2758
Location: North Carolina
Current Obsession: Shaw
Main Role: Performer
Post 
MontysFlyingCircus wrote:
Hm. No Good Deed and For Good, I think. The only one I'm not really keen on is Something Bad because the lyrics sound a bit corny to me.


I enjoy "Something Bad" a lot. Doctor Dillamond's knowledge combined with the foreboding air of the music chills me sometimes, as I think about the future persecution of the Animals, etc.

_________________
Image


Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:13 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.