The Resource For Musicals

Wicked Forum

Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
You Know You're Obssessed with WICKED When... 
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

disneyprincess wrote:
One day, I had to take a test during lunch at school, and when I finished, I went to the lunch room, and one of my friends said "there she is!" because they didn't know where I was, so I said "It's good to see me, isn't it? No need to answer, that was rhetorical!"
Fortunately, I live near NYC so all of my friends have seen wicked. ^_^ :D

This relates to the topic how...?

I would think quoting Glinda during lunchroom definitely qualifies for this thread!

Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:34 pm
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Current Obsession: Writing
Main Role: Fan
elphieglinda16 wrote:
disneyprincess wrote:
One day, I had to take a test during lunch at school, and when I finished, I went to the lunch room, and one of my friends said "there she is!" because they didn't know where I was, so I said "It's good to see me, isn't it? No need to answer, that was rhetorical!"

I would think quoting Glinda during lunchroom definitely qualifies for this thread!

Wwhen in the play did she say that?

Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:42 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

teapot wrote:
elphieglinda16 wrote:
disneyprincess wrote:

Are you doubting me, in which case I MAY be offended, since it is clear that disneyprincess and I, being totally unconnected, have not conspired to make this up, or do you just honestly not know???

Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:51 pm

elphieglinda16 wrote:
teapot wrote:
elphieglinda16 wrote:
disneyprincess wrote:

Are you doubting me, in which case I MAY be offended, since it is clear that disneyprincess and I, being totally unconnected, have not conspired to make this up, or do you just honestly not know???

I just don't know, kay?

Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:27 pm
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

It's a line of dialogue in the opening, I believe, when Glinda comes down in the bubble. "It's good to see me, isn't it? Don't answer, that's rhetorical," or something like that.

...it has a cast recording!

Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:16 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Current Obsession: Grease
Main Role: Performer
It's a line of dialogue in the opening, I believe, when Glinda comes down in the bubble. "It's good to see me, isn't it? Don't answer, that's rhetorical," or something like that.

you got it right..! yay! we're all nice to each other again (I dislike ((actually loathe)) conflict)

GREASE - Frenchy
MOON OVER BUFFALO- Understudy Roz, Ethel, Eileen / Assistant Stage Manager
HOW TO SUCEED IN BUISNESS WITHOUT REALLY TRYING- Scrubwoman 1 / Sec 1

Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:31 pm
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Sisiponine wrote:

you got it right..! yay! we're all nice to each other again (I dislike ((actually loathe)) conflict)

I quite agree. Conflict is never a good thing.

To add to the thread,

*If you freak out when you get cast as the Wicked Witch of the West in your school's Wizard of Oz, simply because of the green paint.

Now, I wouldn't call myself obsessed, but I did in fact get to paint myself green, and I know now for sure that I'll never play Elphaba--it was torment enough to just paint my face, neck, and arms. To paint my full body, eight shows a week, would be excruciating. I always wondered if, on the days with two shows, the Elphabas would just leave their makeup on? I remember when I had two shows, I did that, and actually went to class green. I convinced people several different reasons for my coloring: that I was obsessed with Wicked, that I was staging an environmental protest, and one particularly dull boy actually believed I was green, so I of course said the token line (the 'grass as a child' one.) xD

...it has a cast recording!

Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:39 pm

THAT is pretty funny! I'll add some more:

* You are willing to drive through a snowstorm naked just because you thought you saw an add for when Wicked was coming to your town blowing in the breeze.

* You call your crush Fiyero, and not on accident.

* The shortest gut in your class is now called "Boq" or "Munchkin boy" by yours truly.

* A tornado comes by, and you watch in wonder as a house falls out of the sky, but are sadly disapointed because it didn't land on the Wicked Witch of the Eadt and there was no little girl named Dorothy in it with an annoying dog named Toto.

Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:53 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

haha, call this Ironic, I used to be SO scared of the Wicked Witch when I was little, now I LOVE her (as in musical theatre way, not the other way ((just wanted to be careful)!!! Hahaha

I'm gonna add some

* You can recite your favorite lines by heart and get them down perfect

* You've showed your friends some of the best lines from Wicked at least twice

* You sing all the good songs (which is most xD) from Wicked in the shower when no one is around

* You're mom calls you obsessive

and yes, all these are true to me xD

GREASE - Frenchy

Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:06 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Current Obsession: N2N, Hair,

*If you freak out when you get cast as the Wicked Witch of the West in your school's Wizard of Oz, simply because of the green paint.

Now, I wouldn't call myself obsessed, but I did in fact get to paint myself green, and I know now for sure that I'll never play Elphaba--it was torment enough to just paint my face, neck, and arms. To paint my full body, eight shows a week, would be excruciating. I always wondered if, on the days with two shows, the Elphabas would just leave their makeup on? I remember when I had two shows, I did that, and actually went to class green. I convinced people several different reasons for my coloring: that I was obsessed with Wicked, that I was staging an environmental protest, and one particularly dull boy actually believed I was green, so I of course said the token line (the 'grass as a child' one.) xD

They actually only paint their hands and face green and wear a leotard/ unitard thing under their costume.

Sisiponine wrote:

Yup, that's when she says it!

Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:15 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

* Having a sudden urge to sing What is this Feeling? when you see your least favorite celeb on TV

Yes, I do feel like I need to burst out singing it....when Miley Cyrus comes on TV (all her fans don't hurt me! Someone already called me an idiot for hating her, truthly I didn't really care what she said...I was lmaoing :D)

GREASE - Frenchy

Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:27 am

* You can recite your favorite lines by heart and get them down perfect

* You sing all the good songs (which is most xD) from Wicked in the shower when no one is around

These two are true to me as well! :D Yay obssessions!

Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next