The Resource For Musicals

Wicked Forum

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Do Idina and Kristin Hate Each Other?! 
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

I dunno. I can see it going either way. I agree with JMann that they don't hate each other cause they don't have time to haha.

But, Kristin's final performance of Defying Gravity was pretty emotional. Kristin's voice cracked, and Idina started to laugh while she was singing. Their connection in that moment was ridiculously believable...and if that was acting...it's the best acting either of them have ever done lol.

I can see them having a few head buts but I kind of doubt that they're really against each other. I dunno.

"Why do we play with fire? Why do we run our finger through the flame?...why, do we refuse to hang a light when the streets are dangerous? Why does it take an accident before the truth gets through to us? Actions speak louder than words.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:38 pm
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Location: If you care to find me, look to the western sky...or just look in Toronto
Oaky, I am in shock that this thing got into the 2nd page, but I will say one thing. Watch the Tony performance. When the camera pans to Cheno as she's supposed to be doing her "I hope you're happy..." at the end, she misses the line completely, and you see just staring up at (presumably) Idina (she's the only person/thing to be looking up to at that point) with this look that can only be described as pride in Idina, or some other happy emotion. Nothing negative to speak of. Make of it what you will...

Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:06 pm

Main Role: Performer
did you see cheno's fake kiss she blew to idina when she won the tony over her? its obvious.

Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:00 am
Profile WWW
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

I... don't see how it's anyone else's business but theirs. Not wishing to offend anyone here but personally I stay away from rumours because usually they're wrong or exaggerated, and even if they're not it doesn't affect anyone else at all. And people spreading rumours etc. is, if not the -only- reason, then a very large part of the reason why we have the paparazzi and all the nasty little gossip magazines and "newspapers" most of which shouldn't be allowed to -call- themselves newspapers.

Sorry for the small rant. But I could quite cheerfully pelt the paparazzi and photo-shoppers-of-fake-photos with blunt objects. :mrgreen:

Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:54 am

Yes, but neither Idina nor Kristin are ever in the tabloids... thus, I think speculations are, if anything, flattering to them. Unlike most Broadway stars, they're at least being talked about, they're just not "big" enough for tabloid coverage. Very few people (outside of the theatre realm, of course) even know who they are.

Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:18 pm
Profile WWW

Location: If you care to find me, look to the western sky...or just look in Toronto
Famous or not, gossip is NEVER good. It's nosy, and impolite.

That said, I was once a diehard Wickedhead and just as curious but such stuff, but I never started a whole thread for it (that I can remember-it's been awhile XP). Sometimes its best to keep things to yourself.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:19 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Their somewhat rivalry in real life may have helped their chemistry onstage, anyway. And their clashing personailties resemble what their characters were going through, so that may have helped too.

The King and I- Royal wife
Pippin- Angel/Ensemble
Man of La Mancha- Ensemble

Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:25 am

^^ Yes, but (almost) every time your onstage life and your off stage life correlate, MAJOR problems will occur, especially when they are those of romantic relationships and/or rivalries. It usually leads to mental/emotional instability in your personal life.

Furthermore, the fact that they let their personal issues affect their work, even for the positive (in the artistic sense), is both incredibly risky, and incredibly unprofessional. But hey, they're only human.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:35 pm
Profile WWW

Current Obsession: Writing
Main Role: Fan
^^ Yes, but (almost) every time your onstage life and your off stage life correlate, MAJOR problems will occur, especially when they are those of romantic relationships and/or rivalries. It usually leads to mental/emotional instability in your personal life.

Furthermore, the fact that they let their personal issues affect their work, even for the positive (in the artistic sense), is both incredibly risky, and incredibly unprofessional. But hey, they're only human.

Well said, my friend. Here's my opinion: although they may have their tough times, as all friends do, I think their relationship will be strong and longlasting.

Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:17 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Well said, my friend. Here's my opinion: although they may have their tough times, as all friends do, I think their relationship will be strong and longlasting.

Is it really that much of our business?

And Jman, I agree with every word you said.

Ygraine in Pendragon
Mrs O''Lafferty in Ragged Child

Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:18 pm

Current Obsession: Writing
Main Role: Fan
elphieglinda16 wrote:

Is it really that much of our business?

And Jman, I agree with every word you said.

You know, its just a forum. Its not like this is going to end up somewhere REALLY public, like a tabloid newspaper.

Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:14 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post Re: Do Idina and Kristin Hate Each Other?!
They are both phenomenal actresses, but do you think it would be possible to appear this genuine if they really hated each other?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_lCJsJPUeY

Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next