Wicked Forum

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Anyone interested? 
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

Current Obsession: Newsies The Musical, Pilgrim
Main Role: Fan
Post Anyone interested?
So, a few weeks ago, I became obsessed with the TV show, gLee.
I found out that the next episode will feature "Defying Gravity" as a musical number. I believe that Lea Michele (who plays Rachel in the show) is going to have this one, but I am not sure because it has been noted in the teaser that Kurt and Rachel will be "fighting for the lead solo". Which could mean that they would be fighting over singing this song. I would rather have Rachel sing it, just to hear how far her voice can go, but for comic effect it would be great to hear Kurt do it instead. (I will ROTFL if this does happen.) Anyways, kinda got off on a tangent there. :D

So if Lea does sing the song, how do you think she will do?

I am hoping she knocks it out of the park, because she will go on my list of ladies who need to audition for Wicked the Movie then.

I am really mad though that I have to wait possibley 3 weeks to see this episode.

Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:17 am
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Location: If you care to find me, look to the western sky...or just look in Toronto
I believe Rachel and Kurt will be doing it together, competition style. And yeah, it's failry obvious that she's going to belt her little heart out, but I'm sure Kurt's going to rock it too...

Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:30 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: Bare, Next to Normal

Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:26 pm

Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:53 pm
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

I believe Rachel and Kurt will be doing it together, competition style.

You're right! I just listened to a 30 second clip of them singing. The song is a bit slower than usual. Kinda like an upbeat pop ballad. That's kind of a downer for me. But hey maybe that will change later in the song. Idk. Just really excited to hear it done!!

Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:29 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Quote:
I believe Rachel and Kurt will be doing it together, competition style.

You're right! I just listened to a 30 second clip of them singing. The song is a bit slower than usual. Kinda like an upbeat pop ballad. That's kind of a downer for me. But hey maybe that will change later in the song. Idk. Just really excited to hear it done!!

It sounds to me like they're covering the single version released by Idina Menzel.

Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:55 am
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

Yeah. I put two and two together and realized this. #-o Should have realized this sooner. But whatever. Still bummed that they're doing that version instead of the kick butt high energy version from the musical. Lea could pull this off without even thinking about it!

Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:33 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

It's a pretty disappointing cover. Chris Colfer gives a better performance than Lea Michele.

Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:41 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Chris Colfer gives a better performance than Lea Michele.

I'm a bit pleased about that, for some reason.

The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But, vice versa - the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant. --The Doctor

Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:58 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post Yay Glee!!
So what's going to happen is Rachel and Kurt are singing it together. I have the mp3, actually, and they do a really good job. :D gLee is AMAZING!!!

"Sing like no one is listening, dance like no one is watching, love like you''ve never been hurt."

Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:18 pm
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Main Role: Musician
Post Re: Anyone interested?
superwickedfan33 wrote:
So, a few weeks ago, I became obsessed with the TV show, gLee.
I found out that the next episode will feature "Defying Gravity" as a musical number. I believe that Lea Michele (who plays Rachel in the show) is going to have this one, but I am not sure because it has been noted in the teaser that Kurt and Rachel will be "fighting for the lead solo". Which could mean that they would be fighting over singing this song. I would rather have Rachel sing it, just to hear how far her voice can go, but for comic effect it would be great to hear Kurt do it instead. (I will ROTFL if this does happen.) Anyways, kinda got off on a tangent there. :D

So if Lea does sing the song, how do you think she will do?

I am hoping she knocks it out of the park, because she will go on my list of ladies who need to audition for Wicked the Movie then.

I am really mad though that I have to wait possibley 3 weeks to see this episode.

i will totally watch this show now haha! what channel? and i LOVE your signature. we just sang that in chorus.

Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:30 pm
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

Thanks! I love Newsies! I can't wait for the day that it becomes a stage show. Oh yeah and gLee is on fox at 9/8 central on Wednesday nights. 8]

Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next