Wicked Forum

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
what the.... 
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Post what the....
Ok I was just reading an article about :Wicked" and something caught my eye:

"When it closes on Broadway next year..."

is the person who wrote the article on crack???

full article: http://www.ticketnews.com/Wicked-to-hav ... o482412346

Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:51 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

Current Obsession: Newsies The Musical, Pilgrim
Main Role: Fan
:lol: Probably. Or they just had way too much to drink before writing the article. Or they could just be trying to stir the pot and create gossip, but that would be stupid.

Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:00 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

The article was written over a year ago... :roll:

Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:10 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: Bare, Next to Normal
Wicked will still go on for a while. I think it'll even break Rent's record of the longest running show on Broadway. Rent had 12 years on Broadway.

Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:28 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: next to normal
Wicked will still go on for a while. I think it'll even break Rent's record of the longest running show on Broadway. Rent had 12 years on Broadway.

Wait what?

Have you forgotten about POTO, Cats, Les Miz, ACL etc...

Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:56 pm
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

HAHAHA, oh wow. Wow.

Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:01 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: Bare, Next to Normal
WickedToo wrote:

Wait what?

I didn't know that those had longer runs then Rent. I'm new to musical theatre and theatre in general. I've only been in one musical and I'm currently in my second. I have little knowledge when it comes to musicals. That's one reason why I joined this forum, to learn more about musical theatre from it's members.

Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:12 pm

dolbinau wrote:
WickedToo wrote:

Wait what?

I didn't know that those had longer runs then Rent. I'm new to musical theatre and theatre in general. I've only been in one musical and I'm currently in my second. I have little knowledge when it comes to musicals. That's one reason why I joined this forum, to learn more about musical theatre from it's members.

12 years is a solid, solid dent in Broadway history for sure. But to give you an idea of the big picture, Phantom has been running for twelve and displays no sign of stopping, CATS ran for 18 years, and Les Miserables ran for 16.

Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:30 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: next to normal
WickedToo wrote:
dolbinau wrote:
WickedToo wrote:

Wait what?

12 years is a solid, solid dent in Broadway history for sure. But to give you an idea of the big picture, Phantom has been running for twelve and displays no sign of stopping, CATS ran for 18 years, and Les Miserables ran for 16.

Phantom has been running for 20-21 years, and is the longest running Broadway show. Typo :S?

Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:35 pm

Luc wrote:
WickedToo wrote:
dolbinau wrote:
WickedToo wrote:

Wait what?

Phantom has been running for 20-21 years, and is the longest running Broadway show. Typo :S?

My bad. Maybe I'm dyslexic. I pictured the number twenty-one in my head.

Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]