The Resource For Musicals

Wicked Forum

Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
OMG! Wicked Movie Cast revealed!!!!!!!!! 
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Main Role: Other...
Damask and Dark wrote:
Yakko wrote:
I always assumed that they'll get Robert Pattason to play Fieryo in th movie version.....Along with that girl from Twilight as Elphaba, along with Emmy Rossme as Glinda.

Elphie: Fiyero... I know what you are.
Fiyero: Say it.
Elphie: You're... you're a... you're...
Fiyero: Say it!
Elphie: YOU'RE A SCARECROW!
Fiyero: Well, now, whose fault is that?

This has officially made my day!

HAHAHAHAHHAH!

Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:20 am
Profile WWW
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

SianZena wrote:
Damask and Dark wrote:
Yakko wrote:
I always assumed that they'll get Robert Pattason to play Fieryo in th movie version.....Along with that girl from Twilight as Elphaba, along with Emmy Rossme as Glinda.

HAHAHAHAHHAH!

Bahahahahahahahaha.

Oh, and if Kristen Stewart (that girl from Twilight) comes anywhere near the Wicked movie, I may have to eat a baby.
just saying.

Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:52 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Current Obsession: Stephen Sondheim, Falsettos
Main Role: Performer
TylerMcMahon wrote:
Madame Morrible : Betty White

NO. Absolutely not. Rose already stole the part of Lady Macbeth from Blanche. If it happens again with Madame Morrible, Blanche will be devestated.

Holy crap, Beagle, this is the best post ever.
I'd like to see either of them as Morrible, actually. And something tells me Angela Lansbury would make a kickass Morrible.

Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:12 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: Post-Modern Literature
kozafluitmusique wrote:
SianZena wrote:
Damask and Dark wrote:
Yakko wrote:

HAHAHAHAHHAH!

Bahahahahahahahaha.

Oh, and if Kristen Stewart (that girl from Twilight) comes anywhere near the Wicked movie, I may have to eat a baby.
just saying.

Couldn't agree more.

Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:24 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

I can kinda see Angela Lansbury as Morrible. *nods in approval*

Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:07 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: Oklahoma!, Les Mis
Main Role: Performer
just saying.

Word.

I hate her with a passion. She killed Twilight, she's not taking any musical down with it.

Recent: Ado Annie - Oklahoma!, Cecilia - Purple Rose of Cairo

Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:10 pm
Profile WWW

aworthyboyishe wrote:
just saying.

Word.

I hate her with a passion. She killed Twilight, she's not taking any musical down with it.

Surely to say she 'killed Twilight' would imply that the source material was a great piece of literature to begin with...?

Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:08 am
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Angel-of-Music* wrote:
aworthyboyishe wrote:
just saying.

Word.

Surely to say she 'killed Twilight' would imply that the source material was a great piece of literature to begin with...?

Well, Stephanie Meyer has said it was just soppy romance herself. She never intended it to be a great piece of literature.

It serves its purpose, fulfilling lonely high school age girl's fantasies about the perfect man.
XD

Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:30 am
Profile YIM WWW

Main Role: Other...
random_person wrote:
Angel-of-Music* wrote:
aworthyboyishe wrote:
just saying.

Word.

Well, Stephanie Meyer has said it was just soppy romance herself. She never intended it to be a great piece of literature.

It serves its purpose, fulfilling lonely high school age girl's fantasies about the perfect man.
XD

I find Edward far from perfect. He's a stalker :P

Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:39 am
Profile WWW

random_person wrote:
Angel-of-Music* wrote:
aworthyboyishe wrote:
just saying.

Word.

XD

...a high school girl's image of a 'perfect man' is an emotionally-abusive, one-dimensional 'pretty boy' who's a pathetic excuse for a vampire and only exists to fulfil the wishful fantasies of his sexually-repressed hack of a creator?

Wow, no wonder I never scored a date in my school days. :P

kozafluitmusique wrote:

You ever found it odd how Edward’s mentality is more akin to a deranged stalker than an ideal significant other for Bella, yet is presented by Meyer as nothing short of the perfect gentleman and the relationship between the two characters as unquestionable ‘true love’?

I mean, I don’t have problem with abuse being portrayed in literature, but when the true nature of the relationship it is never addressed or otherwise made unmistakeably obvious to the reader, I can't help but find it somewhat unnerving, especially when the masses of impressionable girls that worship this character seem blissfully unaware of the implications of what they are reading and sometimes even consider Edward to be the bar to which their current or potential boyfriends should be compared.

Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:42 am
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

aworthyboyishe wrote:
random_person wrote:
Angel-of-Music* wrote:
aworthyboyishe wrote:
just saying.

Word.

XD

...a high school girl's image of a 'perfect man' is an emotionally-abusive, one-dimensional 'pretty boy' who's a pathetic excuse for a vampire and only exists to fulfil the wishful fantasies of his sexually-repressed hack of a creator?

Wow, no wonder I never scored a date in my school days. :P

kozafluitmusique wrote:

You ever found it odd how Edward’s mentality is more akin to a deranged stalker than an ideal significant other for Bella, yet is presented by Meyer as nothing short of the perfect gentleman and the relationship between the two characters as unquestionable ‘true love’?

I mean, I don’t have problem with abuse being portrayed in literature, but when the true nature of the relationship it is never addressed or otherwise made unmistakeably obvious to the reader, I can't help but find it somewhat unnerving, especially when the masses of impressionable girls that worship this character seem blissfully unaware of the implications of what they are reading and sometimes even consider Edward to be the bar to which their current or potential boyfriends should be compared.

I mean, come on, who doesn't watch their significant other while they sleep?

...............nobody?

Well this is 6 kinds of awkward.

Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:05 am
Profile YIM WWW
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

just saying.

BAHAHA, I very much agree with that statement.

Think of the babies people! :P

Currently: Waiting for show season, :)
Past Roles: Sarah Brown - Guys and Dolls, Silly Girl - Beauty and the Beast, Patty - Grease, Zsa Zsa - Bats, Jenny - Class of 77

Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next