The Resource For Musicals

Wicked Forum

Reply to topic  [ 396 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 33  Next
Wicked The Movie. 2010 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

So I'm not sure if it's true or not, but I remember very vividly reading somewhere that Idina's playing Elphie for the movie.

I personally think that would be the greatest thing ever.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:08 pm
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Location: If you care to find me, look to the western sky...or just look in Toronto
That'd work, except that she'd have a serious problem trying to pull off Shiz Elphaba because of her age.

Personally, I think Glee has put Lea Michelle in the forefront for the role, or at least for Shiz Elphaba-she could definitely pull off being a younger version of Idina if it came to that...

Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:14 pm
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

Current Obsession: Newsies The Musical, Pilgrim
Main Role: Fan
Lea is a candidate for the role, without a doubt. The problem is, when will the movie get rolling and if it conflicts with gLee.
I don't think that she will go and screen test if that happens. There's also the issue if she would even be interested in the project. (Which I hope she will be if the opportunity arises.)

Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:13 am
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

they need to have someone who has already played elphaba. i tink it was good having nikki for hairspray, but for elphaba & glinda, it would be awsome to have Sho or someone :)

Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:36 am
Profile WWW

They don't NEED to have someone who's played the role, especially since the majority of them are theatre performers (and thus unknown to the general public), and in their late 20s-early 30s. I think Lea Michele is the perfect candidate, and will take it if offered... even if it means leaving Glee aside for half a season or so.

She has said time and time again that Elphaba is one of her most coveted dream roles. She'd take the offer, I assure you.

Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:34 am
Profile WWW

Main Role: Performer
I could see Elphaba being offered to Lea Michele. But for some reason, I still can't see her in the role. She could sing it, but I can't see her acting it for some reason. She seems too...girly. But that's mainly because both the most famous roles she's played (Wendla and Rachel Berry) are like that.

I would really like to see Anne Hathaway as Elphaba in a movie version for some reason. Her voice isn't really right for the role but she can sing. I just think she could actually do justice to the role acting wise.

I think they definitely need an unknown for Glinda though. There are very few, practically no actresses in Hollywood I could see doing justice to the role. If only Anna Faris could sing...she would be perfect.

Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:49 pm

Right, and I get that, BUT, I think even if they were to pick an "unknown", they'd probably generate her from the Broadway circuit. For example, three actresses that I could easily see being put into the spotlight would be Leigh Ann Larkin, Annaleigh Ashford or even Laura Bell Bundy. Leigh Ann is just brilliant, Annaleigh is just young enough and noticeable enough from The Sex and the City movie, and the general public (teens anyway) would recognize LBB from LB on MTV.

It would just be very ironic having LBB in the role, when she was fired from it 5 years ago when she was supposed to take over for Cheno. It'd be very fitting, no?

Most realistically though, I see Annaleigh getting it. She's kind of perfect.

Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:44 pm
Profile WWW

I think they definitely need an unknown for Glinda though. There are very few, practically no actresses in Hollywood I could see doing justice to the role. If only Anna Faris could sing...she would be perfect.

What about Reese Witherspoon?

Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:26 am

Location: If you care to find me, look to the western sky...or just look in Toronto
Witherspoon seems more Glinda to me. I know she can sing, but I haven't heard her. I'm guessing she's more Elphie-ranged?

Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:22 pm

We are talking about Glinda. And no her singing voice is actually very Glinda. I think she'd be perfect. Witherspoon paired with either Idina Menzel or Ruthie Henshall in the movie would be perfect for me! (and Ewan McGregor as Fiyero :) )

Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:16 pm

Reese could definitely do the belting and what not, but I don't think she'd be able to do the legit. Also, isn't she a bit old for the role?

Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:53 pm
Profile WWW

Main Role: Performer
Reese could definitely do the belting and what not, but I don't think she'd be able to do the legit. Also, isn't she a bit old for the role?

Yes, that would be my concern with Reese as well. And if Lea Michele was cast as Elphaba, she would definitely be too old in comparison. I mean, I love her, but I'm not sure if she could play a believable college-age student on screen any longer.

Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 396 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 33  Next