Underrated/Overrated Glinda's 
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Main Role: Other...
I've seen her live twice ad she was excellent on both occasions. :mrgreen:

Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:51 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

I know Dianne is normally great, but she was very poor when I saw her. She phoned it in something shocking that night - she sped through her lines so quickly that if I didn't know the show, I wouldn't have had a clue what she was saying. Her vocals were fine, but the acting was poor.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:38 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Kristin is Glinda. She's not overrated at all because she's perfect for the role.

Hey, thanks. I really wanted someone to say that, but maybe because I'm a huge Kristin fan.

Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:21 pm
Profile WWW
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post Overrated, Underrated
What's with all the Cheno hate? Maybe it's just because I idolize Kristin, but I liked her as Galinda. I didn't get to see her, but I watch the YouTube. She was the one who got me into Wicked when my friends showed me Popular.

ANYWAY
Overrated: Megan Hilty
Underrated: Alli Mauzey

Megan always does this funny sound with her voice that kind of annoys me sometimes. I haven't got to see her but a friend did. People always go on and on and on about her on YouTube on any video I've ever found on Wicked while I find none on almost anybody else, even the OBC

Alli did a nasel voice, but it didn't annoy me as much as Megan, and Alli delivered her lines with a very Galinda style of trying to look cute and I got to see her on Broadway two weeks ago.

Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:31 pm
Profile WWW
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

- Megan Hilty -- love her in pretty much every role she's done besides Glinda. She pretty much emulated everything that Jennifer Laura Thompson did with the role but amped it up by an extra 110% to the point where by her final broadway show she seemed like a muppet on crack.

- Kristin Chenoweth -- brilliant voice, mediocre actress, i feel (just like Idina) she gets all this praise because little fangirls have listened to the cast recording way too much, to the point where they no longer accept that other people can play the role, and often quite a lot better.

- Dianne Pilkington and Sarah Earnshaw -- Dianne and Sarah are both very good, but I'm just very sick of hearing about them. They're good, but not as good as everyone makes them out to be.

Underrated

- Kate Farhner -- possibly one of the best American interpretations of Glinda, her Glinda reminds me quite a bit of Elle Woods, she just seems quite strong with her head screwed on, just a bit naive with a few blonde moments, and not like the crackhead muppets that the Glinda's are now contractually enforced to play her like (thanks Megan Hilty for that one).

-Helen Dallimore -- pretty much the perfect Glinda, although there seems to be alot of hate towards her, mostly by Americans

- Annaleigh Ashford -- she grew into the role almost perfectly, she was quite honestly appalling when she started on broadway, but by the time she got to Chicago her acting was amazing and so was her voice

- Jennifer Laura Thompson -- played the role almost to perfection, her little quirks with the character were fantastic and she made the character almost completely different to Kristin's interpretation.

Previous Roles:
Thalia (Xanadu) George (The Wedding Singer), The Emcee (Cabaret), Orin (Little Shop of Horrors), Jimmy (Thoroughly Modern Millie), Rooster (Annie)

Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:53 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

UnerRated...Helen Dallimore

Just My Opinion really :) ..x

Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:57 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

I wouldn't go as far as to say Dianne is overrated, she has a lot of people who dislike her, and just devoted fans, and I think, if you see her, then you will either think of her as amazing, or just not up to par, but I don't think overrated...

Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:00 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

I think certainly a lot of the current London fans are under the impression that Dianne and their Kezza are the best Wicked pair evar.
They're certainly among the most vocal, anyway.

Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:29 am
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Main Role: Performer
I really don't like what I've seen/heard of Erin Mackey. Her Popular is kind of appauling, and to tell the truth, I just don't care for her singing voice. At all. After being really bored and watching a bunch of different Populars yesterday, I realized how much, aside from Megan Hilty, I dislike the hyperactive Populars. Galinda should be bubbly and energetic, but not clinically insane. I enjoyed Megan Hilty when I saw her in March 2006 on Broadway, but I think many of the Galindas after her are taking her "hyperactive" Galinda way over the top and it just doesn't work for them, like Erin Mackey.

However, Lucy Durack is wonderful, and Kendra Kassebaum, Katie Rose Clarke, and Jennifer Laura Thompson are great as well.

Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:36 pm
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

I saw Kendra Kassebaum August of '07 on Broadway, and thought she had her part down perfectly, and obviously did not try to emulate Kristin. Her "Popular" was funny, but nothing too over the top.

Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:52 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

I really don't like what I've seen/heard of Erin Mackey. Her Popular is kind of appauling, and to tell the truth, I just don't care for her singing voice. At all. After being really bored and watching a bunch of different Populars yesterday, I realized how much, aside from Megan Hilty, I dislike the hyperactive Populars. Galinda should be bubbly and energetic, but not clinically insane. I enjoyed Megan Hilty when I saw her in March 2006 on Broadway, but I think many of the Galindas after her are taking her "hyperactive" Galinda way over the top and it just doesn't work for them, like Erin Mackey.

However, Lucy Durack is wonderful, and Kendra Kassebaum, Katie Rose Clarke, and Jennifer Laura Thompson are great as well.

=D> I agree with all of that.

Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:28 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Alli Mauzey is definetely underrated, and yet her acting is amazing(as is her singing). She goes deep into her character, yet she has great delivery and can make you laugh your face off in seconds.

I don't think she overdoes the funny side of Glinda, in fact I think she has a perfect balance of deep emotion and comic timing.

Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next