The Resource For Musicals

Wicked Forum

Reply to topic  [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Wicked The Movie - Dream Cast 
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Location: If you care to find me, look to the western sky...or just look in Toronto
Witherspoon's too old, Kidman too young, Depp too big for such a small role, Monteith would make the cast a tad too Wonderbread for my liking (being a fan of the novel, I'm partial to an ethnic Fiyero) and Archuleta really doesn't have any acting experience...Elton John as the Wizard is actually an interesting choice, but perhaps not right for "hick" part of his persona, however minute it may be.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:53 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Film Cast: Both artistic and commercial considerations
We add in a duet for the Wizard & Madame Morrible (think: 'Wonderful' meets WSS' 'America') with the filming suggesting slight sexual undertones and then give Morrible a reprise to "Not that Girl" when the wizard is revealed to be a pathological liar with commitment issues. We also have a star-studded ensemble for "No One Mourns the Wicked" and "March of the Witch Hunters"

Elphaba Lea Michelle (kind of a given)
Glinda Amanda Seyfried
Nessarose Natalie Portman, Leslie Kritzer or Anne Hathaway
Wizard Johnny Depp
Dr Dillamond Morgan Freeman
Madame Morrible Helen Bonham Carter
Boq Simon Bird (British actor, hilarious- look him up)

Star Studded Ensemble: Alanis Morrisette, Queen Latifah, Andrew Lloyd Webber (can't you picture him as one of the Wizard's goons?!), Cheno, Idina, Barbra Streisand, Michael Buble, Rob Pattinson

JUST A LITTLE BIT, JUST A LITTLE BIT

R-E-S-P-E-C-T project

Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:25 am
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

I don't mind who's in it as long as they're chosen for their actual abilities rather than their names. If they happen to be famous/popular then that's good, I guess since it'd bring more people in. Call me old fashioned... I prefer it when musical casts can sing. Lea can sing, Rob can sing, I'd be happy with them.

Anne and Amanda... sort of. Though I think Amanda had help with Mamma Mia. I don't know that either of them really have strong enough voices. And can you seriously see Morgan Freeman agreeing to dress up as a goat? :lol:

Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:43 am
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

That "face palm" was so uncalled for, the only "iffy" cast member would be Amanda Seyfried. Who, when it all comes down to it could glide her way through Glinda's solo numbers in a manner appropriate to the film medium.
What does Nessa sing? Wicked Witch of the East with sass and grief. Anne Hathaway could handle it- however after seeing Natalie Portman in The Other Boleyn Girl her acting style would be perfectly suited to play Nessa

JUST A LITTLE BIT, JUST A LITTLE BIT

R-E-S-P-E-C-T project

Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:24 am

Main Role: Performer
Anne Hathaway and Natalie Portman are way too big of stars for such a minor role as Nessa. I would rather see an up and comer like Jessica Lowndes or Lucy Hale, who both have decent singing voices and rising star potential on two popular teen dramas (they both look like perfect Nessas IMO too)

I will not be surprised at all if Lea Michele ends up as Elphaba, especially if Ryan Murphy gets the directing job (because I read he is apparently up for it along with Rob Marshall and others). She's not my first choice in the acting department but she's pretty much the only actress in Hollywood I could see singing the role well. And if they have a wildly popular TV star like Lea as Elphaba, maybe they can get away with an unknown for Galinda, although I wouldn't mind Amanda Seyfried. I think with voice lessons she may be able to handle the soprano, in a film version at least, and she definitely has the acting chops.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:15 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post Re: Wicked The Movie - Dream Cast
i have to say as long as the movie isnt taken over by disney, then the casting should be fine though there are a few people i have had in mind...just imagining the ad for the movie... :|

this summer meet two unlikely friends who are torn apart by different worlds...
*flash to a scene of elphaba and glinda singing for good*
and also fighting over the man of their dreams...
*flashes to the scene of them fighting together*
starring the all star cast of
Elphaba- Miley Cyrus
Glinda- Ashley Tisdale
Fyiero - Zac Effron
Boq- Nick Jonas
Nessarose- Selena Gomez
Madame Morrible- Julie Andrews
The Wizard of Oz-Billy Ray Cyrus
*cue the defying gravity instrumental while showing some scenes from the movie before ending with miley cyrus destroying defying gravity as she thrusts the broom in the air trying to belt out the final notes and finally ending with a quick fade to black*

Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:09 am
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Current Obsession: N2N, Hair,
Main Role: Performer
Glinda-the-good wrote:
i have to say as long as the movie isnt taken over by disney, then the casting should be fine though there are a few people i have had in mind...just imagining the ad for the movie... :|

Elphaba- Miley Cyrus
Glinda- Ashley Tisdale
Fyiero - Zac Effron
Boq- Nick Jonas
Nessarose- Selena Gomez
*cue the defying gravity instrumental while showing some scenes from the movie before ending with miley cyrus destroying defying gravity as she thrusts the broom in the air trying to belt out the final notes and finally ending with a quick fade to black*

Oh, God no. Although I wouldn't mind Andrews, and Nick Jonas is actually talented enough for the role, but his mass amounts of fangirls would ruin it. And it's better than Beiber playing Fiyero.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:29 am

Current Obsession: Writing
Main Role: Fan
Glinda-the-good wrote:

Elphaba- Miley Cyrus
Glinda- Ashley Tisdale
Fyiero - Zac Effron
Boq- Nick Jonas
Nessarose- Selena Gomez

That is a twisted sense of imagination you have there.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:12 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

elphieglinda16 wrote:
Glinda-the-good wrote:

Elphaba- Miley Cyrus
Glinda- Ashley Tisdale
Fyiero - Zac Effron
Boq- Nick Jonas
Nessarose- Selena Gomez

That is a twisted sense of imagination you have there.

i have to say that is only the start of it haha....i have to admit julie andrews may actually be good for the role...but if bieber even goes anywhere near the set i would seriously die.....

Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:13 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: Post-Modern Literature
Glinda-the-good wrote:

Elphaba- Miley Cyrus
Glinda- Ashley Tisdale
Fyiero - Zac Effron
Boq- Nick Jonas
Nessarose- Selena Gomez

Haha this is pretty funny... I like you.

Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:29 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: Post-Modern Literature
This is not my dream cast, but keeping in mind the movie biz...talented people who would bring in audience

Elphaba: Lea Michele (I don't like her, but everyone else seems to.)
Glinda: Amy Adams
Wizard: Christopher Walken (although I'm not sure he would go anywhere near this.) so maybe Richard Gere
Madame Morrible: Kristen Chenoweth (I think she'd be up for putting on some crazy makeup)

Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:44 am
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Glinda - Beyonce or Rihanna
Elphaba - Jennifer Hudson
Mme. Morrible - Whoopi Goldberg
Fiero - Sean Diddy
Nessa - Anika Rose

Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next