The Resource For Musicals

Wicked Forum

Reply to topic  [ 268 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 23  Next
Who would you play in Wicked... 
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Current Obsession: Grease
Main Role: Performer
definetly elphaba. i'm not sure about trying out because if i wasnt cast i would probably go into a coma... but i'm still going to. it's not a superficial connection like omfsjbsp! i love her songs and that dress!!! it's that i was different as a kid, and so i didnt have any friends until my glinda came along.

seriously she's my glinda, she sings the glinda part to my elphie because shes AMAZING at glinda. well i guess my galinda because she still had the ga during popular. but it's like i am the character. everybody calls me elphie at school, everyong knows that i know way too much about wicked and the actors in it.

hell i memorized the entire play, and whilst that is probably common amoung here, well i dunno it seems normal to me. i also have the script. i typed it up completly accuratly and checked with the steph/annaleigh/sebastian show some1 posted on google videos.

its down now :x :cry: but that's what i spent my vacation in hawaii. becahs and pool for and hour, watch wicked continually for about 7 while in constant email and phone connection with my glinda (she was in the carribbean, well doing the same thing i was) so i dont know if you've read this whole thing, i probably wouldnt. but I WOULD SO TOTALLY PLAY ELPHABA (hey I know all the lines). actually... i'm already elphaba.

Haha, my friend thought I was Elphie, but when I was watching Glinda onstage I was thinking 'I would totally play her' so yeah.

And I know almost all the lines too xD haha

GREASE - Frenchy
MOON OVER BUFFALO- Understudy Roz, Ethel, Eileen / Assistant Stage Manager
HOW TO SUCEED IN BUISNESS WITHOUT REALLY TRYING- Scrubwoman 1 / Sec 1

Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:19 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

you know, life can surprise you. sometimes you think that you've identified yourself as one thing, but then you find out that you're really another. but these roles aren't just about wants. you have to be able to sing it to want it... so it doesn't hurt too much.

i take wicked very seriously so if this sounds weird to you, wicked is my life. im always thinking about it. i love all broadway dont get me wrong, it's just that wicked is especially important to me because elphaba really is a mirror of my life. kind of unfortunatly. plus a lot of times your friends might classify you as something because they want something. your friend might want to glinda herself. you never know.

Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:30 pm
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Current Obsession: Writing
Main Role: Fan
you know, life can surprise you. sometimes you think that you've identified yourself as one thing, but then you find out that you're really another. but these roles aren't just about wants. you have to be able to sing it to want it... so it doesn't hurt too much.

i take wicked very seriously so if this sounds weird to you, wicked is my life. im always thinking about it. i love all broadway dont get me wrong, it's just that wicked is especially important to me because elphaba really is a mirror of my life. kind of unfortunatly. plus a lot of times your friends might classify you as something because they want something. your friend might want to glinda herself. you never know.

Reading that made me kind of sad. :(

Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:32 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

though i can bring people down, you'll never bring me down. ok so that would have worked much better if you had insulted me in your last post but i thought of it, and it was wicked, so i had to use it. sometimes i can make people feel sad without meaning too i'm sorry that i did. when i have a strong feeling, i have to express it to it's fullest, though sometimes things spin out of control (like Nessa's chair...) YES ANOTHER ONE!!! but can you sing both parts? just wondering.

Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:39 pm

though i can bring people down, you'll never bring me down. ok so that would have worked much better if you had insulted me in your last post but i thought of it, and it was wicked, so i had to use it. sometimes i can make people feel sad without meaning too i'm sorry that i did. when i have a strong feeling, i have to express it to it's fullest, though sometimes things spin out of control (like Nessa's chair...) YES ANOTHER ONE!!! but can you sing both parts? just wondering.

It's possible, if I'm warmed up properly.

Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:45 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Wicked has a special place in my heart, too (first Broadway show), and of course I would love to be cast in it, someday.
But I don't think anyone our age can sing either part...unless their voice is unusually mature. No one I know can belt an F or sing the optional high notes from NOMTW or Thank Goodness...I know I can sing an F in my legit voice and I have my high C (which actually is not the optional note) but no way could I sing the score as it was intended to be performed. Even though Nessa is a vocally easier part, and she is the part I would love to play one day, obviously I do not have it down pat, these roles are intended for older women and I know that my voice will change over the next couple of years, putting me into a better position to tackle parts like hers. Just saying.

Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:25 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Current Obsession: N2N, Hair,
^^Agreed. My voice teacher told me that women's voices change throughout all of the teenage years, and it's so true. In 7th grade when I started singing in church choir, I was an alto and barely had a D. Now, I can hit a high C, and a C# on a good day. With further vocal training, hopefully I'll be able to go higher. Honestly, If you have a vocal range goal, you should start taking lessons or ask someone how you can stretch your range without damaging it while you're still a teenager and your voice is going to change anyway.

Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:25 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

voices always change. right now i'm only 13 and my voice is still developing but i can belt a high g (one note above defying gravity) so i love to sing it, and i can sing it exactly to the original score. and my best friends can sing thank goodness, PERFECTLY OMFSJBSP she is so amazing. she can even sing to much higher than that. she's like 1/2 a note away from the chenonote. hope fully our ranges will get bigger!!!!! and we sing the score all the time since we can. i so want to be elphaba, because i mean if i can sing the score perfectly now, then i can't wait until my voice is fully developed!!!

Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:41 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

If you are only 13 you should stop belting right now! Belting is the most severe singing technique and it is very hard to do it technically right. Most professionals even gets their voices damaged by Wicked, so be very careful! Most vocal teachers doesn't recommend girls to belt until they are about 17. I know, because I study at a music and drama school, where most of the girls are not given belting lessons because their voices are not developed enough yet! I have only once heard and seen a girl under 16 belt with a strong technique, and she is 15 and has had lessons since she was 9. So do be careful!

Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:31 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

i do take lessons, and unless i'm singing a specific part for the musical i'm in, then i dont belt because i know that if i belt to much i could damage my voice. i'm very careful, trust me. but i love to sing, and trust me my soprano voice is really horrible above, like a C or D on the staff. so what i'm doing now is becuase my belting range is so much higher, i'm working on my soprano range. i can sing very low so that's a plus because when there's high parts that i cant sing soprano and i would have to belt, i just sing the mens part and no one notices so that i can save my voice.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:58 am

I don't even know how to belt properly, so I'm doing the smart thing and waiting until I do know how.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:14 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

For me, I'm a mezzo whose voice breaks around a B. I have a good chest voice sound till an A and I have a pretty good mix to a C. I'm 14, and that's all I'll be doing for now. I can't even imagine having to belt more than an octave higher than that for Wicked...

Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 268 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 23  Next