The Resource For Musicals

Other Current Broadway & West End Shows Forum

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Something Rotten 
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Post Something Rotten
Anyone else seen it? I saw it last Monday during I think the last preview, and absolutely LOVED the hell out of it. Amazing songs, and an amazing cast.

Who else has seen it?

Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:55 am
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Current Obsession: Hedwig And The Angry Inch
Post Re: Something Rotten
That is number two on my list of 'Musicals I Wish That I Could See But Don't Live Where It's Happening' First is Fun Home. Love the depiction of William Shakespeare as a rock star! Also, we neede a history-based musical that wasn't serious, and Something Rotten brought us that. I hope it becomes a classic one day. (it probably will)

Perfection! :)

Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:43 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

I saw it last week and adored it. My favorite songs were "Welcome to the Renaissance" and "Hard to be the Bard" This show hearkened back to the great classic Broadway shows of the 1950's-60's in that it incorporated big dance/tap numbers (and somehow made them seem natural) and the opening number very much set up the 'rules' for the show (a la "All That Jazz" or "Comedy Tonight"). And this was the only musical I've seen so far where I had the songs stuck in my head the rest of the day. I found out later that one of the composers wrote such great radio hits as Eric Clapton's "Change the World" and Little Big Town's "Boondocks", so no wonder the score was so strong.

"...Apples is probably the one who's posted the most relevant musical stuff long term in the past few months."- UniquePerspective

Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:23 am
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Main Role: Stage Manager
I got to see it a couple of weeks ago, and I adored it. I found many of the songs to be clever, the set was really cool, and the performances were amazing. The puns with Shakespeare quotes were really great, and the references in "A Musical" were good too. Honestly, while this show was a cheesy in places, it was such a fun afternoon.

Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]