interesting analysis...

http://www.filmbuffonline.com/FBOLNewsr ... st-eenemy/

Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:57 am
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: Bare, Next to Normal
Post Re: Early Spiderman Review
Thanks for posting this Salome! I agree with the review even though I haven't seen the previews. The review notes the song "Bouncing of the Walls". Doesn't he mean "Bouncing Off the Walls" or is this something else to criticize Spiderman: Turn Off the Dark for?

I think what this show comes down to is the team working on this show simply doesn't know when to stop. They've gone through all these obstacles (one being the original producer had a seizure and died right before signing to produce the show) and all this money to create this flashy, Wicked-like show that will do horrible when it comes time to open on Broadway. There was a 60 minutes special on this musical and they said that it will cost $1 million in operating costs alone a week. This show isn't going to stay afloat for long. It's a $9 miliion project, the biggest in Broadway history and it's a piece of garbage. It won't even get a cast recording because it'll probably close before then.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:59 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

^^ after the first preview alone they sold a million dollars worth of tickets. If they get all the stunts down, this show will sell itself. You need to remember that people love bono, they love spiderman, and they love stunts and flashy lights.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:22 pm
Profile WWW
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Current Obsession: Old Judy and Rooney movies on TCM
Main Role: Fan
You're right, people do love Bono and Spiderman, but there has been sooo many poor reviews. And not just poor reviews, but flat out mockery. People seem to only know this show by hearing about all the mishaps, injury's and problems. I don't think people are going to take that gamble unless they're really super huge fans. My little brother loves Spiderman and really wanted to see it, but has changed his mind after reading things on PerezHilton. These gossip sites are huge influencers.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:21 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: Bare, Next to Normal
BwayJuvinile wrote:
^^ after the first preview alone they sold a million dollars worth of tickets. If they get all the stunts down, this show will sell itself. You need to remember that people love bono, they love spiderman, and they love stunts and flashy lights.

Okay. I understand.

Here's the 60 Minutes Clip that I was referring to in my previous post:

Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]