The Resource For Musicals

Other Current Broadway & West End Shows Forum

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Hairspray - Kissing Link! 
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Post Hairspray - Kissing Link!
Hey, first post, and a cry for help!
I was cast as Tracy Turnblad in my school production of Hairspray, and because the Musical Director (who is fantastic may I add) wants to be better than the West End (we come close sometimes :P)

Today, we did an all day rehearsal, and we did the scene where Link kisses Amber. It got be all worried about when I have to kiss him. I'm friends with the guy who plays Link, and he's proffessional but he does tease me about my height sometimes.
I'm really nervous about kissing him, but more nervous about being embarressed or messing up. This would also be my first kiss with a boy ever.

Please help! Much appreciated :)

Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:05 pm
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Current Obsession: Shaw
Main Role: Performer
I've done a stage kiss before and my best advice would have to be to simply relax. Really what it is: a kiss. That's all there is too it. Realize what you're doing as well: acting.

It sounds simple but I think it works. As you go through rehearsals things will get much easier and less awkward. It will quickly become just another part of the show in all likelihood.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:22 pm
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: writing songs
Main Role: Performer
If he's professional about it like you say he is, it shouldn't be a huge deal. Talk it over with him, see if he's willing to do some private rehearsal maybe so you can get used to it before you rehearse in front of other people.

Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:19 am
Profile YIM
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

I think I won't be that nervous, and will just go with it :)

Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]