The Resource For Musicals

Other Current Broadway & West End Shows Forum

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
We Will Rock You 
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Post We Will Rock You
Anyone one here seen it?

I realize that yes, the story is pretty cheesy, over blown and filled with crappy one-liners... but the actors are quite talented, the costumes are cool and who doesn't love Queen music? Plus, it is a favorite of the people, if it wasn't, would it still be playing at the Dominion for 7 years with a UK Tour and still active productions in Canada, Germany and an upcoming Italian production?

Sun May 10, 2009 8:26 am
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Location: In the woods far from civilisation (yet still with electricity? hmmm...)
Main Role: Performer
I'll see it on tour in a few months tho :)

we did a medley of WWRY songs in my youththeatre's concert, and i played Meat (I got to sing Headlong, and be a tortured bohemian in seven seas :D lol)

It's one of my fave shows, and think it's AMAZING!!!! 8) <<< My mate was a wicked Kashoggi! (He had the suit and sunglasses and everything :lol: )

8)

[color=#80BFFF]lalalalala![/color]
I'm BACK! [color=#8040FF]But I need to work out a picture to put here...[/color]
[size=150]Team Cathy! :D[/size]

Sun May 10, 2009 8:45 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

I've seen the show in London, and our musical theatre company just did WWRY! :D I think it's an awesome show... It's funny, and really raises your spirits. yes, the storyline is undeniably cheesy, but so are a lot of musicals when you think about it. The moral is clear, and the characters are realistic, and inspire you to care for them. Plus, the music is played as brilliantly as it can be, considering it's not Queen who are playing them. All in all, I think it's a show worth seeing if you go in with an open mind.

Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:02 pm

Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:17 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

I have seen the London cast (with Tony Vincent and Hannah Jane Fox) and yes the story is very cheesy and not very well established but it was an entertaining show. The songs fit with what was going on and being that its Queen, Im a big fan of hearing different covers of music (For example: Across the Universe or Rock of Ages) and the actors were really good, and I really loved the refrences to other songs and bands, and the ways that lines were delivered made me laugh.

Sadly, Act 2 left me really bored. Act 1 was really good and the songs were sung very well but after that, as I did enjoy the music, I didnt enjoy where the plot was going.

Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:41 pm

Well, it looks like there'll be another name inserted tonight in the roster of ancient stars who died before their time, that precedes Meatloaf singing 'Only the Good Die Young'.

Oh well. Sic transit stellae mundi.

Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:37 am
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

I saw it at the West End last week, and yes they have inserted Michael Jackson's name at that part. I thought that song was a really moving moment in the show.

Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:21 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Eeeee im quite glad theres a we will rock you topic already here becuase me and three other friends all 17 are off down london soon and cant come to a mutual desicion on wether to see we will rock you or Les miserables so these reviews are really helping (Y) eee thanks guysss ..xx

Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:38 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Eeeee im quite glad theres a we will rock you topic already here becuase me and three other friends all 17 are off down london soon and cant come to a mutual desicion on wether to see we will rock you or Les miserables so these reviews are really helping (Y) eee thanks guysss ..xx

I'd say go for Les Mis if you want to see a more traditional, long-standing musical. It has incredible songs and a very powerful story. However, if you want something more modern and light-hearted, go for We Will Rock You. I think it feels a bit more like a rock concert than a musical though, and the story is quite weak, but it is a lot of fun.

Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:52 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

WOW!! is all i can say We will rock you was no more than outstanding gotta say its the best one ive seen in london so far :)
Met the cast after wards too well some of including - scaramouch . meat . brit . gallealio . Pop and BRIAN MAY was there too !! ...was a fantastic show :) Would well recommend it :D .x .x

Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:01 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Main Role: Performer
I saw the Australian cast a few years ago now. I really enjoyed it - it helped that I grew up listening to Queen!

Buff :D

Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:17 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

My drama cast and I saw it in Toronto and it was pretty good...granted the ending sucked the music and actors were great. All of the leads were fantastic which probably helped immensely. :)

Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next