Total votes : 93

Shrek the Musical 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Current Obsession: Next to Normal
Main Role: Fan
Post Re: More DREK...
RainbowJude wrote:
In the next step in the process of monetizing Shrek, the show will be released on DVD.

Later days
David

That is actually something that more Broadway shows should do. Even flops would probably make their money back with theater aficionados who live a few thousand miles away from NYC (like myself) who would buy it up.

Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:00 pm
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

Current Obsession: Wicked, Addams Family, Cats, Phantom, Les Mis
Main Role: Performer
Post Re: Shrek the Musical
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVIw8l1XvjI[/youtube]

Here's the London cast( well the leads at least) singing I'm a Believer.
Overall I really like it :)

Narwhal, Whale Sharks, and Zebras OH MY

Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:42 pm
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Main Role: Fan
I saw the tour the other week....

I wasn't the biggest fan. I loved the recording and will continue to love and listen to it, however, the show itself drug on for me. A part of it may have been that I was tired and it was getting late, but it just seemed to have pacing problems.

Awesome cast though. Especially Haven Burton.

http://bestpicturenoms.wordpress.com/

Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:26 pm
Profile WWW
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

I'm streaming the cast recording off We7 at the mo... and I cannot help but think "WTF?".

it's compose-by-numbers... i wouldn't waste money going to see this... when the film was so well-written.

It sounds bad. Just... awful.

Tue May 10, 2011 8:57 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

I went to see the London version last night with my little niece and I have to agree with you, it's not what I hoped it would be! Last production I saw at the Theatre Royal was Oliver! and it was fantastic, a really great version of a classic, and Shrek just fell a bit flat...wasn't that impressed with the music and some of the acting was seriously questionable. I don't know how the Broadway version compares but we got a Britain's Got Talent judge and an ageing comedian in two of the main roles...not exactly star power! I prefer real stage performers rather than faddy celebrities. The one thing I will say for it is that Sarah (my niece) loved seeing one of her favourite films on the stage and the humour was right on her level, but as an overall production not so great. We didn't pay too much as we got cheap balcony tickets from [mod edit: no commercial links please] but I would have been disappointed if we'd forked out for top seats.

Fri May 13, 2011 8:09 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

I saw this in the states when it first opened and was impressed by the cast... sutton was simply amazing in the role even though the show itself is a bit of a disappointment.... i then saw it at london on press night... i was awful, the only good thin about the show is a genrally good score, the sherk solos and songs like build a wall and the girls song I know it's today are alright but when sung by a poor cast it's just a disappointment, It will lst a year or two so that all the sherk film fans see it but it won't get longer as all the Thearte fans will see it once and then go back to Legally blonde, Wicked, Phantom and Les Mis ifLove never dies can't survie London then Sherk don't stand much of a chance unless they keep the big named stars in it wo are not as good as the west end actors.... when it was all a romur the show had lots going for it.... I mean the likes of michael Ball, Kerry Ellis and loads of good top west end actors were linked with the show but instead we get this... it could be huge but from the sounds and looks of it, it won't last long

Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:58 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

I saw it on Broadway and loved it. Saw the tour last night and liked it even more except they cut "Build a Wall!" I hear London did too! WTF WHERE THEY THINKING!!!

-Family Guy's very sarcastic One Tree Hill bit

Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:58 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6