The Resource For Musicals

Auditions Auditions Auditions Forum

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Help out a friend, please 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post Help out a friend, please
A friend of mine currently has college auditions on the horizon and he's kind of overwhelmed so he asked me to help him choose a song and I need a second opinion. He's a tenor and, if this helps, he's usually been cast in supporting roles in high school and is looking for something to help him break away from the pack (though that doesn't necessarily mean it has to be a big, "look at me" song, just something that suits him well enough that they'll take notice).

To give you a better idea of the kind of songs we're looking for and the kind of singer he is, here are what we've been considering:

The Streets Of Dublin from A Man Of No Importance
Goodbye from Catch Me If You Can
Razzle Dazzle from Chicago (because you can theoretically do it without the need for a chorus)
Being Alive from Company
Charades from Grease 2
Freeze Your Brain from Heathers
When She Smiles from Lysistrata Jones
A Light In The Dark from Next To Normal (because you can make it a true solo by working around Diana's lines)

So which of these songs would be best for a college audition and are there any more you'd recommend?

Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:13 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Post Re: Help out a friend, please
Both Razzle Dazzle and Being Alive tend to be a bit overdone, but the rest of the list sounds great!

"...Apples is probably the one who's posted the most relevant musical stuff long term in the past few months."- UniquePerspective

Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]