The Resource For Musicals

Auditions Auditions Auditions Forum

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Chicago Auditions, taking it serious 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post Chicago Auditions, taking it serious
So let me preface by saying I have not auditioned for many thing in my life, and for all the things I have auditioned for, I have yet to get any role higher than a glorified ensemble (Played Sasha in Fiddler).

This will probably be the last chance I have at being in a production, as I am going to be graduating from our University potentially this year (assuming everything goes as planned).
So I really want to take this as serious as possible.
I have been out of the singing game for about a year now, so I have to do a crash course refresher before auditions.
I am a tenor 1 - counter tenor, and honestly I prefer singing between the medium high range of a tenor, and the medium range of a counter tenor, something along the lines of mid to high alto?
For some reason I have a pulling toward auditioning for the role of Mary Sunshine, but I really want to keep my options open (which requires that I NOT sing something written for a counter tenor).

The only songs I can think of at the moment, are sadly two songs that I fear using in any audition.
They are both Andrew Loyd Webber songs. *gasp*
Gethsemane - JCS
The solo section of Damned For All Time - JCS

Other than those, the only things that are coming to my mind are both from Mel Brooks movies, High Anxiety and The Spanish Inquisition.
I believe I have two weeks till the audition date, so it's coming up quick.
Please help a noob out.
Edit...
After doing some research I am potentially adding Pity the Child from Chess to the list of potentials. Also scratch the statement above about not singing things made for the role of a counter tenor. If you find something useful I'll take a look at it.
PS. I am a 20 year old male, and I do know how to read sheet music (I've been playing the sax for 9 years).

Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]