Auditions Auditions Auditions Forum

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Once Upon a Mattress Audition 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Current Obsession: Les Miserables
Main Role: Performer
Post Once Upon a Mattress Audition
My high school is putting on Once Upon a Mattress in the spring, and since I don't want to limit myself to being considered for only one part, I've sought for a song that will open up the possibility for several different characters, and I think I've found it. I think that I would sing "That'll Show Him" from A Funny Thing Happened on the way to the Forum. I figured that it isn't too long and theres spots to show off some belting and spots to show off a sweeter singing. Now that I've chosen a song, I need to figure out who I should be aiming for. My hair is a dark blonde and my eyes are blue and I have fairly light skin. I'm about 5'8 and I'm not skinny, but I'm not plus sized either. I sing soprano in choir, but I have played alto roles in the past. I'm one of the younger kids. So I suppose these are my questions: Is this song choice versatile enough (or too versatile)? And what character(s) should I be aiming for? Any advice on either of these is greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!

Les Miserables - Factory Girl/ ensemble soloist
Oliver! - Milkmaid
Once Upon a Mattress- Princess No. 12
The Importance of Being Earnest- Gwendolen Fairfax

Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:17 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Post Re: Once Upon a Mattress Audition
Go for Lady Larken. "That'll Show Him" is in Larken's range and Philia (who sings the song in Forum) is very similar to Larken character-wise.

"...Apples is probably the one who's posted the most relevant musical stuff long term in the past few months."- UniquePerspective

Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]